it runs.

Rich

On Saturday I started a lupo GTI conversion in my 1.4 S.

Instead of being a simple engine in job it became a lot more intricate.

After realising I'd have to drop in a lot more parts than I originally thought I decided ****** it and that I'd do a complete re shell of the GTI.

after working every day when the weather allows I've got to the point tonight where I can finally fire it and see if it goes, well the news is that first time it didn't, then I plugged in the ecu. Then it sparked, fuel got through and it kicked over, now it kicks every single time (not many as the radiator isn't on) however success.

Tonight (after food) I'm going to reinstall the carpet and the dash and then it's plain sailing at doing the final finishing touches to be back on the road on Friday.

One week to do a complete full on conversion ? Not bad timing I don't think.

Rich

P.S. Chris, you can slap up some pics if you like, I'm feeling stupidly excited now, it's all finishing touches.

Piece of piss! Whoever said a gti conversion is hard? Probably nobody. Could've done it in a day like. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yeah i'll stick a few pics up when i've got them off the camera.

a week pfft laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , i knew looking at the cradle gearbox mount thing's were bound to change. so how much wider track we talking then?

about 2" at either side. The bathursts are et48 and they basically only fit.

****** goes those cups I've been refurbing.

I guess it's a sign that this should require something special on the wheel front ?

I don't think the front looks much wider, i bet people wouldn't even notice if you didn't say anything. Just how it should've come from the factory. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

You need some jeep wheels to go with the 4x4 suspension. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Sounds good, glad its all come together nicely! and chris get some pics up man! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

nice work rich . i didnt see any diffrents in the subframes i took it that the extra width was in the wishbones andi'm not running gti ones so did think it mattered blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

the wishbone difference, well there isn't one.

it's all in the gearbox mount on the subframe.

it didn't match anywhere near so I had to drop the whole front end off the GTI and onto mine.

That means I had to do the rears.

Day five tomorrow.

the inside is mostly back together though.

Rich

Right here's a few quick pics!

This was more or less at the start, you can just see the doner car in the foreground. Bits disappearing left right and centre though!

IMG_8145_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

This was Sunday, 1.4 ready to come out.

DSC00054.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Couldn't do the obligatory sitting in the bay pic so this had to do. DSC00055.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

GTI engine in.

IMG_8159_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_8169_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Inside.

IMG_8163_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

The slammed GTI, get low! Pimp tints courtesy of Kam.

IMG_8176_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

cheers Chris.

It's looking completely different now, the front end is on.

Tino put one of the old steelies under the GTI tonight and it looks fairly mental.

it's got carl camber !

see you tomorrow.

that's nothing, since the shell is going on Saturday (the doors and hatch are coming off and it gets dragged away), the structural integrity of the rear arch was tested, not to mention the lying on the roof ability. It tends to just reshape itself around whatever is on top.

Rich

What was wrong with the GTI?

front end smack.

IMG_8145_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Mini VAG meet?!

Edited by Max69vk

Aye it was a busy day at shifty car parts that day! IMG_8126_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_8149_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_8125_copy_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Been over today to see it running and looking slightly more like a car and slightly less like a car!!

I was just about to say, my car was their aswell! Anyway, another set of decent pics Chris and i think it turned into more of a meet than a mini meet laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

you'll see it at VWFEST.

it houses a VR6.

I've literally just called it a night, the engine runs, the exhaust is on and exiting in the centre, the bumper needs modifying on a temp basis, the brakes and clutch are being bled tomorrow.

Wheels on, sort the fly by wire problem out and it's good to go.

it now starts though, it cools itself, it's all good.

Dash is inside as well, tomorrow night it goes.

Rich