Sighhh "Suspension" Experience gone wrong

MartyP

I just put the 165/50/15 on 15x7 rims and there VERY stretched, I mean like the side walls are 45 degrees.

Im not going to go fast round any corners. but it does enable me to get the rims on seeing as ther offset ET12 and stickout the side by about 30mm but due to the stretch the tyres are under the arch (which is legal isnt it?) confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

the 175/50/15's ive got on are ... *thinks* Kumho KW17's , qually slates them but bearing in mind when ive got the zenders on im that low anyway im not exactly going fast anyway so there fine for me biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thats the thing isnt it, if your going to go that low and have nice wheels you have to compromise somewhere.

having the manufactures set up and having good tyres that will guarantee you going up to 150 mph is great.

Having a nice low lupo with the widest wheels possible, euro stretched look may not let you get there on britains roads.

Im going phat as possible, in anycase I have a race built car for all that stuff. I have my lupo for economy and good looks, it also fits on my drive with the other 3 cars which is great.

Go phat and low its the way to go! and I dont think theres anything wrong with some of the cheaper tyres as they all go through the same road tests and some even come out better then the expensive ones. If there not biast anyway.

I have 165/50/15 nongkangs and the tred pattern looks better then some ive seen, i may get some 8 inch wheels and put on some 185/45/15's as I think they will look the dogs

A 175x50 wont do any good they will still run too close to the arch lip, a 165x50 on 6 inch rim is your best option unless you roll the arches as the will give a perfectly flat sidewall from the face of the wheel (see below).

195x50 vs 175x50

175x50.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

195x50 vs 165x50

165x50.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I posted the link here somewhere & instructions on how to use the program, I even suggested it be pinned as this subject comes up so often, however it obviously wasn't deemed important enough.

EDIT: FOUND IT! , if you need the file emailed to you send me a PM.

Edited by Max69vk

i've got one of them dents in arch i reckon i'll just get em rolled soon i gave away some coilovers the other week some i bought off frankie who used to be on here but don't fit the gti i was guna sell em but i saw my mates brothers loop with massive arch gaps and had to save the poor thing

• 2 weeks later...
i've got one of them dents in arch i reckon i'll just get em rolled soon i gave away some coilovers the other week some i bought off frankie who used to be on here but don't fit the gti i was guna sell em but i saw my mates brothers loop with massive arch gaps and had to save the poor thing

lucky sod! haha

Marty, have you set your camber up properly since lowering the car? you may have put it back with too much positive camber on one side which is why it has happened on that side?

My brother did this on his Polo and wore through a tire until it popped in about 2 miles as he set it up with to much negative camber on one side and it was rubbing on the coilover!

My brother did this on his Polo and wore through a tire until it popped in about 2 miles as he set it up with to much negative camber on one side and it was rubbing on the coilover!

that must have been some serious camber! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...
that must have been some serious camber! style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Not really as much as you would think, it was probably down to the wheel offset blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

It's sorted now though laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Marty, have you set your camber up properly since lowering the car?

HAHHAHAHH!! i had to deliberately knock the camber out at the front to stop it rubbing and to give me more clearance , ill eat tyres but the handling when ive got the 14's on is sh*t hot laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />