Adjustable screw beneath accelerator

saint_david

I noticed yesterday in the footwell beneath the accelerator pedal on my Arosa Sport some sort of screw in 'bolt' thingy. It seems to prevent the accelerator from being pushed all the way down to the floor. Can anyone shed any light on what its there for or have i answered my own question? Cheers!

Edited by saint_david

What year?

Mine had a stopper type thing under the accelerator - I took it out when I changed the trim over and haven't noticed any effect, good or bad laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by lunalupi

its just meant to stop the acc peddle at its maximum travel. if you take it pout you are potentially stressing the peddle.

I would agree with the above, but it may also be the cable thats being stressed.

• 2 weeks later...
im still standing by my theory that if you remove it , it turns the accelerator into a hyperspace pedal , especially in the 1litres

suppose you do need all the help you can get in them tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

wayne