My new car

Ty

Well after 5 months of waiting I finally picked up my new 3.2 V6 TT on Saturday morning, thought I would post up some pictures for you to see.

A quick review after my initial 400 miles at the weekend :- Engine is superb for the very little revs I gave it (running in) ride is great, seats are extremely comfortable, S tronic is amazing overall I absolutely love it DSCF2939.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCF2938.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCF2941.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCF2937.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCF2942.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCF2944.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCF2940.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCF2943.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Ty

Thanks for the comments guys, she is sitting on my drive and I can see her out of the window and I just want to go out there and go for a drive!

Meh... looks ok nothing special tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> lol

must have been a sleepless night the night before you got it then, too excited and cant sleep type of thing!

Meh... looks ok nothing special tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> lol

must have been a sleepless night the night before you got it then, too excited and cant sleep type of thing!

I could not sleep at all! By the time I got to sleep I had to wake up again plenty of coffee and red bulls on saturday!

Very very nice mate, well worth the wait i bet! What is the magnetic ride all about? Does it have an auto spoiler like the boxster? or do they not come with one?

out of interest what does that cost you once you add all the extras, lots of nice second hand metal around the 30k mark. Quite like the new TT but don't think i'd buy a new one with my own money, leasing rates are probably quite low though.

out of interest what does that cost you once you add all the extras, lots of nice second hand metal around the 30k mark. Quite like the new TT but don't think i'd buy a new one with my own money, leasing rates are probably quite low though.

I just ran through the cinfigurator for a TT on the audi site. Its a pretty penny with extras smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />, but Im sure Ty thinks its worth it.

That magnetic suspension cools cool. Is that where its got metal filings in the shocker, that when activated are attracted to the poles and cause a stiffer ride?

The 3.2 starts at circa 30 k I think but you really dont get alot, so you have to add extra's which are to be honest a little pricey I ended up paying 37k for mine wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Edited by Ty

I just ran through the cinfigurator for a TT on the audi site. Its a pretty penny with extras smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />, but Im sure Ty thinks its worth it.

That magnetic suspension cools cool. Is that where its got metal filings in the shocker, that when activated are attracted to the poles and cause a stiffer ride?

Yer mate thats pretty much the idea and the system reads the road conditions etc 10 million times a second or something like that to give the best performance, I have tried out very briefly yesterday and it is brilliant you can really feel the difference, stick her in sports mode with the S tronic, switch on the mag ride and the car is phenonimal! (sp)

Very very nice mate, well worth the wait i bet! What is the magnetic ride all about? Does it have an auto spoiler like the boxster? or do they not come with one?

Yer it has an auto spoiler like the boxster comes up at 75 mph rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Edited by Ty

Yer it has an auto spoiler like the boxster comes up at 75 mph rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Like the Corrado, which they later changed to come up at about 40mph as it never/hardly ever came up in the UK at the faster speed[*cough]

Ray

Sweet! although the po-po will know when you are speeding wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Do all of the new TTs have the auto spoiler?

Edited by Adam

Very jealous!! lovely car mate!

Wouldn't mind having £40k to spend on a car!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

here's a teaser of what you could have had for the same money biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

M3 CSL with just 11k miles £36K http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/161467.htm

911 996 C4S with 49k miles £37k http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/166084.htm

911 996 C2 32k miles £37k http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/174227.htm

Cayman 2.7 4k mile http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/185441.htm

Ferrari F355 spider lhd but manual in red with full Tubi exhaust 22k miles £37k http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/84447.htm

DB9 vantage 6lv v12 28k miles http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/166160.htm

If it was being used for work and as a daily driver i think i'd have a mint M3 csl and some change or a nice low milage 996 C4. £35k gets you a mint Audi RS6 if you prefer audis or 3.2 new shape TTs start around 30k with running in milage.

Edited by Crusoe

The CSL is a lovely car but it's an old model call me stuck up but I can't pay that sort of money for an old car! the TT looks better IMO.

The Ferrari would be a nightmare to live with! the porsches are all old but great cars but the TT is the car for me! And correct me if I am wrong but the cayman 2.7 is slower than the TT and it isn't as pretty imo

and the DB7 isn't a DB9 and I would kick myself everyday

Edited by Ty