How fast is a Lupo 1.4 Sport?

Cooke

Think my 0-60 is in my sig, would be quicker if i kept the 14's i think.

edit: yeah 0-60 was calculated from 1/4 mile slips around 6.85 seconds not bad for an unmodified engine. blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Edited by Petrified

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive had my sport at 135 on the clock with the standard wheels and tyres...couldnt understand it at all...

if you want a little rocket thats good on fuel and gubs neds in their vtr's, focus 1.8s and a few grumpy old men in their beemers then go for the sport, there are a few things you can do tuning wise, that can make them quick little fu*kers!

best time at crail was 16.5 unmodified, paper to prove.

chris

ive had my sport at 135 on the clock with the standard wheels and tyres...couldnt understand it at all...

Might simply be that your clocks are out.

NOCK

yer i do want one, in fact im considering the tdi sport simply for the amazing fuel economy... how tuneable are the tdi sports?

1.8 astra sri and corsa 1.8 sri, not much of an achievement tho if im honest neither of them could drive for s**t!

haha, yeah right mate. corsa you dont have a chance unless an old lady drives it. not being funny but a 1.4 16 v lupo will no beat a 1.8 16 v corsa, stats proove this ! now if you had a gti that would be a contest as their stats are near exactly the same !

edit: talking about in standard format, not petrifieds beast, lol

Edited by Hopcraft

haha, yeah right mate. corsa you dont have a chance unless an old lady drives it. not being funny but a 1.4 16 v lupo will no beat a 1.8 16 v corsa, stats proove this ! now if you had a gti that would be a contest as their stats are near exactly the same !

edit: talking about in standard format, not petrifieds beast, lol

Maybe not but I had an interesting experience the other day. Was ragging it with a silver clio behind me, and he wasn't getting any closer, he then went past me as I slowed down and I was behind him with him giving it some and he pulled away very slightly, maybe 1/2 a car before we came to some lights. He wound the window down and motioned for me to do the same and I noticed it was 2.0l clio! Bloke says to me, 'bloody hell mate is that a 1.4!' What have you done to make it go so fast!' I just replyed nothing, and he was still amazed as he drove off. Make of it what you will but there is no denying that these little lupos are pretty nippy!

my m8 has a 182 and he raced the polo gti with the same engine as the lupo gti and the polo was well up his ass! top end now thats abit different!

edit::: as for the 1.8 sri corsa, not a bad car but if u can squeeze 123bhp from a 1.6 then im sure you could squeeze a fair bit more out of the 1.8sri as this also has 123bhp.

Edited by 2001gti