Weekly Induction Kit Thread

Plug

Pipercross filters have been slated many a time for not being able to filter half the crap out that K&N, BMC, Green Cotton, ITG can do...

Foam filters also soak up more heat sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i wouldnt buy a piper one that is the worst place ever to put the filter! isnt the idea to get more cool air into the inlet? all that kit is going to do is soak up all the hot air. you want a filter by the grill at the front or one that is enclosed with a feed from the front

i wouldnt buy a piper one that is the worst place ever to put the filter! isnt the idea to get more cool air into the inlet? all that kit is going to do is soak up all the hot air. you want a filter by the grill at the front or one that is enclosed with a feed from the front

I asked jodie this in midland vw, and he said it doesnt really matter, as when your flying down the road plenty of cold air will be filling the engine bay.

As no matter where an induction kit is in the bay its still going to soak up hot air from the engine wether it be the frount or the back of they bay.

Edited by ricoshay

to be honest am not really bothered about heat soak, i have a decent air feed from the front grills running from both side on my arosa, one from the lower grills and one from the top grill on the passenger side, can tell the difference between having the standard air filter on and the piperx as the pipercross seems to enable the engine to pull a bit harder.

i would fork out for a bmc but i love the sound of the pipercross so much dont really want to get rid of it so i cant put up with a bit of powerloss compared to the bmc.

does sound ok mate,

but imo the powertec induction kit sounds a lot better!

never heard it if im honest!

Edit: is it worth getting a Oil Breather?

you have to blank the inlet for the breather pipe on the elbow pipe then as the pipercross supplies you with a great big rubber hose to connect it to the elbow from your original breather pipe!

to be honest am not really bothered about heat soak, i have a decent air feed from the front grills running from both side on my arosa, one from the lower grills and one from the top grill on the passenger side, can tell the difference between having the standard air filter on and the piperx as the pipercross seems to enable the engine to pull a bit harder.

i would fork out for a bmc but i love the sound of the pipercross so much dont really want to get rid of it so i cant put up with a bit of powerloss compared to the bmc.

never heard it if im honest!

had one on my sport mate also jen did to they sound very nice

had one on my sport mate also jen did to they sound very nice

more of a racy sound than the pipercross grunty sound i think?

will note thought there both made bythe same company and both use the same mounting plates etc just ones covered in foam the other is covered in corogated cardbourd fine mesh laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

wayne

Got the piperX on, and it sounds phat. Got a propa throaty roar to it. Gotta purchase a oil breather tho, was getting high of those fumes huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />.

If im being honest, id say the loops lost a bit of pull low end having the induction kit on, but i only wanted one for a bit of noise can allways bang the K&N panel back if it starts to annoy me.

did u get the one with the polished elbow pipe like mine?! there should be a big piece of rubber tubing and a metal connecting pipe to connect to your original breather pipe n connect to the elbow pipe?!

DSCF0048.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

look on the pic there that silver pipe should be in with the kit as should be the big black hose behined the filter connecting to your elbow pipe

look on the pic there that silver pipe should be in with the kit as should be the big black hose behined the filter connecting to your elbow pipe

Yeah i got all that, and it's all connected up correctly. Il get a bay shot up later on.