Weekly Induction Kit Thread

Plug

Well i kno it get's asked all the time and ive done quite a bit of searching though the forum to find out some info. Ive read that bmc is the best but then doesnt sound as good as other's, and then other people agree the opposite ect wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> it's all a little confusing, as everyone has there own opioion.

All i want to kno is, for a lupo sport what overall is the best induction kit to get, taking into consideration i only want one for sound purposes, not fussed about performance (as long as i dont loose power).

Thanx in advance people.

Dave.

Edited by ricoshay

been running a maxpower filter for over a year now ÂŁ20 from motorworld cant complain been a brilliant filter (soundwise and pricewise) pic...

DSC01315.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC01320.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC01582.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

red coupling and flexi hose were sourced from the states but im sure you can get similar stuff over here i paid $6 for the coupling and $10 for the flexi bargin! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa

i do have a pipercross at the minute if you search theres a video of mine on here somewhere with it on, sounds awesome really really loud and throaty!

heres a pic of it on my old fantasia green sport, looks quite good as well as sounding awesome! now on my arosa sport DSCF0048.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by scotty

i do have a pipercross at the minute if you search theres a video of mine on here somewhere with it on, sounds awesome really really loud and throaty!

heres a pic of it on my old fantasia green sport, looks quite good as well as sounding awesome! now on my arosa sport DSCF0048.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Thanx for the info and pic mate.

The filter doesnt struggle to get cold air tho being in that positon does it, and can you buy different hosing to locate the filter closer to the frount of the bay?

Also how much did you pay, and was it easy to stick on?

Nice one.

Dave,

only once i noticed it drop power was when i was sat in a traffic jam for an hour n the engine heat just went straight to the filter you would get this with any filter sat in 90 degress heat to be honest and as i said though that was the only time i noticed it loosing power to be honest on both the cars ive had mine on i can feel a difference it feels more willing to pull and deffinitely feels faster. the noise is awesome as well so well worth the 70 quid i paid for it brand new! local shop round here sourced it for me at 70 notes so was well pleased.

havent seen any relocation kits but to be honest if you have a decent air feed it doesnt really matter, mine was run to just besides the fog light at the front of the grill on the lupo, and the air feed now sits next to the head lights on my arosa where the cutout is.

one problem is that theres no air feed supplied but the flexy hosing ive got cost me 3 quid so sure that could be sorted easy as pie!

as i said worth the 70 quid i paid for it for the noise alone!

makes a kinda of whistling noise as well just after 5.5k up till the redline, which is cool! think it does this becuase of the metal mesh holding the filter element together!

Edited by scotty

there induction kits with a custom made relocation pipe stage two is two piece i think stage one is one piece pipework. they are however quite expensive but for the looks really worth it. sound is supposed to be quite good but havent heard anything different about performance compared to any other induction kit. worth it for the asthetic qualitys tho!

Would it be worth replacing the standard filter with an aftermarket panel filter? Still on about 100bhp sport here...

Never been a fan of the way induction kits sound or look. Also is there anyway to modify the standard airbox to increase airflow?

you could try smothing it to increase the airflow but there isnt much really you can do to the lupo box as its pretty smooth as standard. cant beat an induction roar though i know its peoples opinions and some people may see it as chav but it does sound bloody awesome!

Edited by scotty

Scotty thanx for all the info geezer. Youve sorted that one clean.

Look's like im going to get a piperX sleep.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

@heartagram, ive got a k&n panel filter in my airbox atm, imo gives the engine a nice smooth note, not loud by a long shot. If its what youve looking for i'd invest.

Edited by ricoshay

glad to be of service! il get that video up at some point then u can witness the noise! haha!

btw they are really easy to fit if you have a spanner n allen keys n a possy screwdriver!

Edited by scotty

hey scotty, i did a search for the vid but you took it down because you where "deep in the double figures of speed" and dindt want police telling you off about it lol, can you message me a link to it or email it to me or something?

Daz_Wilko89@hotmail.com

oh ye forgot about that! heard too many stories of people getting collared for posting videos of naughty speeds on the net! i should have another one at home that isnt legally binding i.e. it doesnt show the speedo! haha! il post a link up when i get home from work!

Edited by scotty

no pics of the alltech ones but heres the video as promised of the gorgeous noise the pipercross makes! i love this sound!

th_29052007011.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

would like to add for legal reasons as well the camera was on a remote and it was hanging from a strap around my neck!

Edited by scotty