Sony Stuff

Depends what your talking about.

The older Sony gear was very good, over the past few years, Halfords and Max Power have caused the brand to suffer, as people were buying the name and flashing lights.

The quality seems to be improving now, but no where near enough to make me go and buy any of the budget gear.

Much better out there for less cash TBH.

Depends what your talking about.

The older Sony gear was very good, over the past few years, Halfords and Max Power have caused the brand to suffer, as people were buying the name and flashing lights.

The quality seems to be improving now, but no where near enough to make me go and buy any of the budget gear.

Much better out there for less cash TBH.

Yeah it does seem to suffer from the Halfords look, nice if they start to sell Becker looking stuff.

Any more opinions welcome. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

currently sh*te

be good if they actually live up to their name and produce some descent stuff though. the brand is good enough to do it.

the stuff they sell at the moment is only as good as goodmans and aiwa tack which is a shame for such a big brand

they did sell a becker unit as a sony-badged one, some sat nav unit

i've had a few sony units over time (upgrades Tigz!!!!) and i'm happy with it tbh

newer stuff, apart from some of it looking pretty ugly, offers 100db+ signal to noise ratio, so can't be all bad!!

currently sh*te

be good if they actually live up to their name and produce some descent stuff though. the brand is good enough to do it.

the stuff they sell at the moment is only as good as goodmans and aiwa tack which is a shame for such a big brand

It is, I'd really love to see Sony up there with the big guys like JL and stuff.

i was probably a tad harsh before laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

however they are still nowhere near the competition. alpine and pioneer are miles ahead in the more normal category of car audio.

sony should be producing stuff as good as these at least and should even be producing becker and nakamichi rivalling units smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I walked into Halfords (first mistake, I suppose) and walked back out with an £80 Sony headunit for the A4. It had the aux in for the ipod I needed and I thought it looked pretty good. Above all else, it was cheap and nothing could be worse than the JVC thing that was in the car when I bought it.

For £80, I reckon it actually sounds pretty damn good. Certainly loud enough! It also plays MP3 CD which means it must be about the cheapest one you can get that does that.

It doesn't say xplod anywhere on it.

Deek.

Edited by dxg

I've got two 10 inch sony subs in my boot being run on a sony 1100 watt amp. To be honest mate, I find them really good. My mate has got 2 kenwood 10inchers and an 800 kenwood amp, and even he's admitted that mine is beeter sounding. Try things out before you go on bad reps by individuals.

Billy

I've got two 10 inch sony subs in my boot being run on a sony 1100 watt amp

Sony dont make a 1100w amp.

If its the amp I am thinking of it is 250wrms @ 4ohms, and 500wrms @ 2ohms.

Sony rate their amps at 14.4v though, so it reality it is even less power.