The next 'Lupo Gti'

RichC

I've a 4yr old Gti which I love, but have been looking around to see whaty 'spiritual succesors' there are out there, but with all the increase in size, weight etc. that's been going on with models over the past few years nothing has really caught my eye... until now.... OK, it's still classic Auto Express photoshopping, but these could be nice...

>> LINK <<

Yeah, I'm very much looking forward to the 500 Abarth, the base car looks great, and for a change those AE pictures are fairly logical as thats the same paint and graphics job that Fiat have shown with the Punto Abarth.

My only problem is the dealers, I've had Fiats in the past so I knew how it was going to go but when I went for a look at the Panda 100HP at the weekend I was shocked that if anything its gotten worse. Ok, this was an Arnold Clark dealer, and they are well known for being pants, but this was a joke.

Sarah now wants a MINI, the car might be more expensive, but at least they don't treat you like a stain on the carpet. God knows how the Fiat dealer network are going to cope will selling the 500!

I love the st fiesta but that ka st looks like its got a mondeo front end and a ka back end, poop imo. But the fiat looks good and with that specification should be a great car shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> .

The thing about the Ka and the 500 is they're the same car! Bit of a nonstory, really.

I think Fiat have screwed up the 500. I love the designed, but they've seen the reaction and have consequentially priced it way above where it was supposed to be positioned...

Indeed, the price is an issue, they are taking a gamble with having no base model and starting the range at 11k. I am presuming though that few will pay list price, and £15k for the Abarth version doesn't sound that bad to me.

The thing about the Ka and the 500 is they're the same car! Bit of a nonstory, really.

I think Fiat have screwed up the 500. I love the designed, but they've seen the reaction and have consequentially priced it way above where it was supposed to be positioned...

One could say they are doing a VW with the lupo... good car, horribly overpriced, and so it didn't sell in great numbers

There both quite ugly cars. I like the Fiesta ST in terms of looks but thats just a uglified one. 500 looks gash aswell.

I've noticed with more and more new cars you either love them or hate them. Theres not that many that are 'okay' anymore.

These are the type of cars that people just love. the fiat is my cup of tea along with this baby

twingo-concept-3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

The Abarth variant is expected to be pitched at the heart of the performance supermini market, with a MINI Cooper-rivalling price of around £15,500

Overpriced IMO. This should be £12 tops.

while £12 would be good, i dont think you'll ever see a car that price tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Shame the production Twingo doesn't look anywhere near as good:

twingo_post_450.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I second that, talk about ruining the car.

The Ka is the nicer IMO, but no way it'll look like that.

I can't wait to see what it does look like, hopefully not another "frog", as Jeremy Clarkson once famously described the old one.