The rebuild

stealthie

Finally got some paint on it yesterday, really happy with the results :) I could not take too many pics yet as they were not coming out too well, I might be going up to it again today so hopefully I will push it out into the open and take some better shots.

Heres some teasers though :P

Lupopretop-01.jpg

Lupopretop-03.jpg

Lupopretop-04.jpg

Lupotop-02.jpg

Lupotop-01.jpg

Lupotop-03.jpg

Lupotop-04.jpg

Lupotop-05.jpg

Lupotop-06.jpg

These pictures are taken through various stages of the painting so some are the first coat, some are without lacure and some are with!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, the good news is - I will be driving it as my daily as Vicky now gets a train to work so we decided I should drive it as it is better on fuel than my Golf! Ha Ha ! At last I will have my own Lupo! :D

Looking good mate, like the indicators.

Gonna look nice when its finished :)

Cheers geez, I hope it looks good when finished too!

I didnt get a chance to go up there today so I may go up one night in the week for some pictures and possibly start putting the interior back together too, it needs a though clean as each bit goes back in place though....

Cheers mate, why are you gutted though? :confused:

Found a picture I have not put on here yet :blush: but it shows off the roof.....BEFORE I have polished it ;)

Shiny Shiny Shiny!!!

Lupopaintroof-10.jpg

:lol: That looks quality! i mean i hate it when a good thread comes to an end!

Don't worry dude, I have soooo many plans for it yet to even be started on being done!

:lol:

Glad you like the roof, it is like a mirror! :D

Don't worry dude, I have soooo many plans for it yet to even be started on being done!

:lol:

Glad you like the roof, it is like a mirror! :D

Good man! i bought my Lupo to keep standard, but im getting that modding itchy feeling lol! love these little cars they can look brilliant when done right and outshine its VW siblings second to none :ph34r:

I forgot to take pictures of the new bits today, but here are a few shots of the paintwork out in the open! Sorry for the dodgy pictures - my camera has broken so I had to use my phone :rolleyes:

Lupotop-13.jpg

Lupotop-14.jpg

Lupotop-15.jpg

Lupotop-16.jpg

Lupotop-20.jpg

Lupotop-17.jpg

Lupotop-19.jpg

alot of hard work, good luck mate, doing a great job

Yeah tell me about it, I have spent nearly every Saturday for about two months working on this little car! It's startign to come together now though and I reckon it will be worth it in the end :shades:

Woo Hoo! looking good!

Cheers dude.

I go on holiday this week so there will be no updates for about two weeks :( , I plan a big push on it when I get back though so dont go away folks :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
LGG...You've make a great work...!

huh? :confused:

Cheers guys, the good news is - I will be driving it as my daily as Vicky now gets a train to work so we decided I should drive it as it is better on fuel than my Golf! Ha Ha ! At last I will have my own Lupo! :D

ah you always said youd find a way to make it yours! ahaha

the black roof looks awesome and that blue is so deep.! really wicked! cant wait to see it in the flesh! if youve got anything left over you dont want, send it my way! :P

I spent most of the day yesterday flatting and polishing the roof!

Heres a few pictures of the results, I got a bit carried away....

Luporeflection-01.jpg

Luporeflection-08.jpg

Luporeflection-03.jpg

Luporeflection-05.jpg

Luporeflection-02.jpg

Luporeflection-06.jpg

I also started to build up the rear end again too, al though the bumper is not ready yet so I only got this far:

Luposmoothrear-02.jpg