1.4 16v 100bhp 4-Branch Manifold

heartagram

Maybe another stupid question from a newbie nut I assume that as this fits both the GTI and the sport (them having different engine capacities) that it will be a straight fit onto my 1.4e?

No because it will hit the subframe still.

Pre 2001 lupo/arosa sports have a different engine code to the post 2001 lupo/arosa sports.. the latter ones spit their dummy out if you remove the cat.

For your info mine is a 2001 arosa sport and mine is AUB

Edited by 243

Pre 2001 lupo/arosa sports have a different engine code to the post 2001 lupo/arosa sports.. the latter ones spit their dummy out if you remove the cat.

For your info mine is a 2001 arosa sport and mine is AUB

I am just in the middle of a with no spare time for it at the minute but just needs plumping in and wiring 1.4 16v conversion on an Arousa 1.0 chassis and my code is AFH - 1998. The other codes out of the haynes for 100bhp units are AFK AQQ AUB. 75bhp units from the haynes are AHW APE AUA thats 2000-2002. The AFH unit looks nothing like the 75bhp different rocker cover all together

Maybe another stupid question from a newbie nut I assume that as this fits both the GTI and the sport (them having different engine capacities) that it will be a straight fit onto my 1.4e?

No because it will hit the subframe still.

So it will need bent in a similar way, it was more the top end that I was worried about, my motto is;

If force isn't working you aren't using enough!

Pretty sure the dash is different. Late spec ones have the hazard light switch inbetween the two air vents whereas the older ones have it under the heating controls by the rear window demister. Mines up the top and is a late code, AUB

Hope that helps

Jake

• 3 weeks later...

Right,

Got the manifold eventually!

Phil reckoned they did a Lupo one and on the invoice it said Lupo 16v. However, he ordered it with another lads who wanted it for a 6N 16v and he says hes got a Lupo one.

Now my box says VWPO6N-16v which I guess means Volkwagen Polo 6N 16v. But judging by what people say here it should fit the Lupo anyway? Can anyone confirm this cause if its true means I can keep this one and get it fitted asap and if its not send it back and get a replacement.

Also, mine has a late spec dash. So guessing its a late spec car. Will the car definately spit the dummy if its de-catted or is it more of a hit and miss type of thing?

The quicker I can get an answer the better so I can let Phil know if I need to return this manifold or not biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Cheers.

Yeah the Polo one is the correct one as my raceland manifold slotted straight onto Tigz's Polo gti.

I think it will spit its dummy - but as I havn't done it, i dunno, if you've got the time and money to have someone mess about fitting it and testing it then go for it, could always get a sports cat to solve the problem though if you've got the cash.

Yes, that's the right one. As far as I know, there aren't any Lupo specific ones, you have to fit a Polo 16v one, and bend it a little bit to clear the sump.

Can you see a second lambda sensor after the cat? If so, it is my understanding that you'll have a big case of tough titties.

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

I haven't looked under the car yet.

Not going to fit the manifold myself, for the hassle of trying to do it in the front street with buses going past every 5 mins (literally every 5 mins!!) its not really worth it. Easier to pay someone with a ramp to do it.

I'm guessing if it has one lamda it'll be fine / worth a try to de-cat where as if it has 2 then its a definate no no.