NZ GTI finally here........

Filx

After almost 6 months of effort we finally got the car on the road last week. To say I'm rapt with it is a massive understatement - it's every bit as good as I thought it would be! Just fantastic fun IM000586.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IM000587.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IM000584.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Looks fantastic mate. Bet your well chuffed.

You getting many strange looks from peole wondering what it is

Thanks everyone - I'm super happy with it. And my lady is over the moon to finally drive it which is the main thing!

Lupos in general are so rare down here that most people don't even know what it is, or just think it's a Polo or something. So it's actually pretty incognito (so far) as it takes a bit of a trainspotter to pick it. But it has had a few odd glances.

All standard bodywork - I think it's just my crappy camera that has accentuated the arches as it hasn't dealt with the reflection very well.

A couple more random pics

IM000579.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Love the last pic...cool!

Yeah thats cool! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

looks really nice wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> the wheels set it off a treat and haveing a very rare car is always a bonus smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wayne

They look like Schmidt Revolutions - remind me a bit of TSW Venoms. Congrats on getting the car built up and back on the road - enjoy it! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Just noticed you have smoothed out the handle on the boot smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Nice job.

@cis_bha, yep right hand drive, lots of jap cars over there

Well spotted Linz - the wheels are Schmidt Revolutions with 195/40/16 P Zeros. They came on the car when I got it and to be honest I'm not sure if I'll leave them on or not. Mainly as they remind me too much of TSW "Venoms" (branded TSW "VX1" down here) which I really disliked as they were/are absolute rice! Thankfully you hardly ever see them anymore.

I've got another set of wheels for it that are 15x7 / 15x8 +35 and a left over set of 195/50/15 Dunlops that I'd like to use. The rims need a refurb so that will come in time.

The car also has KW coilovers already - I haven't played around with them as yet but fear I wont be able to take much more out of the ride height as our driveway has a mean curb on it and it already scrapes badly at some angles sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Plus the roads down here are pretty poor so a bit of suspension travel is a must!

Good spotting also Joe - We shaved the boot and debadged the car - just to simplify the look a bit. Left the VW badge on to keep people guessing though! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Aside from that it's a pretty standard '04 6spd GTI with 30,000kms on the clock. Future plans just the normal stuff, tinting the windows, CAI of some sort and exhaust - and I'd love to get my hands on some Caimbridge lights - though ordering a set "new" will probably be my only option. It is also missing various bits of the standard tool kit - does anyone have a list of what it should come with?

Try and leave off the 195/50/15's, they scrub on standard suspension and as your already lower than that i'd advise against it. The standard tool kit comprises of a compressor, tyre repair gunk, center cap removal tool, screw driver, locking wheel nut adaptor, spanner and i think that's about it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 6 months later...

Hi team, I'm afraid I've onbly had time for the odd drop in at Club Lupo but great to see all the peoples Loops from around the world.

Anyway I thought a short update on my ladies GTI was in order so here we are. Aside from putting a few kms (and loving every one of them btw - this car is so much fun) on it over winter we finally got the other set of wheels refurbed. They are NKB Power, 15x7 and 15x8 +35. A pretty hard size to find in one piece wheels down here in NZ.

Anyway they started out as this.......

29768221_full.jpg

And ended up like this................

IM000693.jpg

We love them as the "look" is a bit different and sort of suits the unusual nature of the car - but they have had a mixed reaction! Those are 195/50s as well and yes they rub a fraction (even though the car isn't all that low) as a few wise people here warned me they would. The challenge is 195/45s are really hard to source in NZ and are about twice the price as the 50s. So I'm considering my options currently (rolled lips, 45s, or maybe some 185s for the front, hmmmm?).

I don't have any great pics of them on the car but here's a few for anyone interested.

Regards from NZ, Phil

IM000708.jpg

IMG_00522.jpg

IMG_00311.jpg

IMG_00333.jpg

DSC03868.jpg

P.S. Here's what's really been keeping me busy over winter. 2.8 24v and 6spd into Mk3 Golf Variant - still a long way to go and summers coming!

IMG00008.jpg

IM000686.jpg

Edited by Filx