Good old Vee Dub Quality once again

Was the gearbox whirring? like a distant noise you'd hear like a train in a tunnel?
Yes, then it sounded as though it de-railed!

roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" /> roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

As you know tigz my mum had to have the whole bottom end of the engine changed in her 54 plate arosa at just under 1 year old and then they have just had to do the clutch release bearing and something else and now theres a slight knocking on the bottom end whcih is most likely the 'piston slap' same as last time, not a fan of this german quality at all angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> and seems especially bad in your case, i know Al is saying you thrash all your cars and this is why they break but to be fair for how much these things cost new you should be able to thrash them, the bike i can understand but to be fair the aprillias are friggin quick for what ithey are and have a known reputation for going wrong and generally blowing up but the VW's still seem to have the good rep of "theyll last forver etc" when in reality they dont rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder

£350 42k mile Polo GTI engine, box and loom.

Box in the Polo, engine attaching to the 1.4 box and put in the Lupo.

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• 1 year later...

Is this the longest gearbox repair in history?

Temp wheels fitted while I finish the refurb on the BBS rims.

Still need to connect the starter motor an put a new battery on and give it a huge clean!

photo-8.jpg

I need to get the car back on the road and sold (although Im trying to find the £5k I need elsewhere as I want to keep it!) then I can carry on with the Loop.

Need cash for the next stages now, getting a panel beater in to flaire the arches and quarter panels propperly, the wheels are under, but the tyres are not, and I dont see the point of wide wheels without wide arches!

The Saxo leaks water through the interior light.

Its coming in through your ariel, get some vaseline and smother it under the ariel base, it will make a seal and it wont leak anymore.

Thats what I did on the gfs 106

• 3 months later...

Cancelled the insurance Andy, its going after this.

Spoke to the gearbox guy, he'll cover the price of the repair so Ive offered him the £85 he charges to remove and refit the box which I though was reasonable.

Fingers crossed.

Its going in next week.