Good old Vee Dub Quality once again

Couple of days ago I noticed a noise which I thought was transmission related.

Its not engine speed related, but wheel speed so I think its either drive shaft or diff.

As theres no noise when on tick over I don't think its drive shaft.

It sounds like something rubbing TBH, you could even describe it like the sound of a train in the distance.

Either way, its still moving so we'll see if it lasts until April.

Then if it does, we'll see if it lasts the day at Santa Pod.

angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Just to add.

Pedal box recall 15k

2nd Pedal box fitted 32k

Cam Belt tensioner failer at 40k mile.

3rd pedal box fitted 46k mile.

Gearbox problem 52k mile.

I'm glad I didn't buy a french car, I heard they are rubbish.

The Lupo doesn't work, but thats my fault for thinking you can learn to become a mechanic by reading books.

The Polo has given me numourous problems in the 7 months I've owned it.

The Saxo has not put a foot wrong in five years.

My Renault 19 16v just needs an MOT but that works fine also smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

lol I'd still never buy a shitroen or pug though, because French cars 'aren't put together very well' apparently.

I'm just waiting for my pedal box to go personally.

NOCK

The lupo has done coming up to 40k now, and its 5 yr old so i'm crapping it and going to get the cam belt done in the easter hols. I know a few have had a lucky escape, been told that their tensioners were hanging on and they had a few miles left until it was goodbye irene.

Apart from that, the arosa was faultless and went like a train (for a 1.0 laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ). Fingers crossed the lupo gives me the same trouble free motoring...

And although i wouldnt personally go for a french car just because i just think german ones are put together better, doesnt mean they are crap at alllll smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Changed the gearbox oil tonight, gear change is as slick as the Lupo was when it was new.

Also noticed the noise when idling tonight had a peak under the cambelt cover, Im sure theres a rattle.

Hope its that.

tigz mine did it , the plastic casing thats moulded over the belt pre tentioner on my gti lump shattered and lay in the lower casing making the noise.

Only just seen this topic.

2 German Gti's both giving you headache.

2 french mules both working fine.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

*My mate at work just sold his T reg Megane coupe 2.0 (clio Williams engine) that was running a treat and bought a newish Celica T-sport.....which has been back to the garage every week since he bought it. He told me he did it as he wanted a peace of mind as he was moving away from French cars.

Maybe they are good.

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

4 cars!! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Still like your 19 16v though. Has it got the black leather interior? cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

No, it has cloth interior, but still looks fresh and is soooo nice to sit in!

Put a new battery on this weekend, started on the first attempt. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I must point out though.

The electric sunroof on the Renault does not work.

The rear pop out windows are held closed with cable ties.

The speaker grill falls off for no reason.

The Saxo leaks water through the interior light.

So I guess its not all bad for the Germans lol

I must point out though.

The electric sunroof on the Renault does not work.

The rear pop out windows are held closed with cable ties.

The speaker grill falls off for no reason.

The Saxo leaks water through the interior light.

That is the cheery perks you get from owning a french motor though! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Oh no, not another VW disaster bud.

Was this gearbox related as a following on from the previous problems?

You need to buy a Civic mate, surely that wont break on you laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Uh oh, although that is a a nice picture, i like the way the background is out of focus smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What is up with it then? I take it that is the gearbox on the floor? (my mechanical brain is nearly zero)

Thanks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yes its the gearbox.

Not sure whats up yet, think its the diff though sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />