xbox 360 vs PS3

bjblyth

So now it's here and I know some people on this forum have a PS3 and others have an xbox 360...

Does anyone have both and can clear up this matter!?

Basically, I have an xbox 360 and love it to bits, the gaming is quality and great fun with mates (in the same room, or over xbox live)

Should I stick with my xbox 360 and save up to buy a PS3 when the price drops?? Do I need to rush out and buy a PS3 because it performs better?

I'm noy a pro gamer, just in it for fun and I quite like the look of some upcoming titles on the 360.

One thing I must say is I'm becoming anti Microsoft in the way of my computer, I've ordered an iMac to replace my PC, should i be getting a PS3 to replace the Xbox??

End of the day I'm just looking for people opinions on both machines so I can weigh up the options.

Discuss!! coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£500 is alot of money To be honest if you got xbox 360 I can't see it being much better. You want a console for playing games not for watching HD dvd's?! Halo 3 out soon and 360 also has the rights to GTA 4?

That video is rather good.

Don't agree with the blue ray drive thing and xbox HD, Good thing about that if already have HD player then your not pay out for another one where as ps3 you got no choise.

Also the black casing will get marked and scartched up just like the psp did so wont looks great for long.

Edited by canonman

So now it's here and I know some people on this forum have a PS3 and others have an xbox 360...

Does anyone have both and can clear up this matter!?

Basically, I have an xbox 360 and love it to bits, the gaming is quality and great fun with mates (in the same room, or over xbox live)

Should I stick with my xbox 360 and save up to buy a PS3 when the price drops?? Do I need to rush out and buy a PS3 because it performs better?

I'm noy a pro gamer, just in it for fun and I quite like the look of some upcoming titles on the 360.

One thing I must say is I'm becoming anti Microsoft in the way of my computer, I've ordered an iMac to replace my PC, should i be getting a PS3 to replace the Xbox??

End of the day I'm just looking for people opinions on both machines so I can weigh up the options.

Discuss!! coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

I thought you already had 2 PS3's for sale?

I thought you already had 2 PS3's for sale?

yes mate i did, didn't open them, just sold them on.

like i say i have a 360 and ive got all the games i want for now, i'm just contemplating whether i should go and buy one for myself or not, preferably when the price comes down.

the advantage i can see is the tidyness of having the Blu-Ray player built into the ps3 where as with xbox 360 you have to have an extra item sitting around, it just depends which one kicks off because they can't both last.

one thing that puts me off getting one now, is the lack of FIFA 07 and PES 6!? whats that about lol..

yeah made £75 off the two but looking at it i was very lucky!!

if Blu-Ray is outselling the HD DVD's then I'm pretty sure a PS3 is on the cards for me...

I've still not heard any opinions on this thread from anyone who has played on or owns one?? They really not sold that well lol!?

Is that just UK though? Worldwide Blu-ray might be winning.

Yeah, the artical states it was UK sales prior to christmas. I read a few days ago that Blu-ray is now leading after clawing back from HD-DVD's earlier release date.

I am the proud owner of both consoles shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> , and I am happy with them both.

At the moment both consoles have some great games but I can only see the PS3 getting better with the developers getting used to it. I have no doubts that the PS3 could run Gears of War, but I would question if the 360 could run Motorstorm (it's gorgeous wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> ).

If I was to dump one - it would be the 360, mainly because it looks rubbish compared to the PS3 (it's beige for christ sake), it's so loud I have to turn up the volume (not always posiible when I'm the last one up at night) and some reports put the failure rate of it at over 25%.

Its not beige its white! unless you've had yours in the sun for too long laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Buy a face plate for like 2 quid from ebay if you don't like the appearence biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

As for this whole arguement, i would say its personal preference, ive got a 360 and the games that attracted me to it were the obvious FIFA and PES titles, but also Gears of War and also the fact that GTA4 is out on it in October. I can also look at all the pics, movies and music i have on my pc in my bedroom now, but the PS3 also has this feature. This whole HD vs Blu Ray thing doesn't even concern me, as i don't have an HD TV, plus i don't fancy paying 20 quid for a HD/Bluray movie everytime i want one.

this must be the 20gb model...

they dont seem to be advertised anywhere, stores must not make much money on them??

The UK hasn't got the 20GB version yet. They're all 60GB. Been taking a look on eBay and I've seen quite a few sell for around £400 with a game. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

ah thats an important factor i forgot, how bloody loud the 360's cooling fan is.

so the ps3 is quieter, that swings me towards one...

what with GTA4 not coming out til october and the next couple of footy titles, i might just leave it until then to buy a PS3 as I read somewhere that by autumn sony are dropping the price by $100 world wide.

a bonus is sony's online gaming is free.

The noise of the disc drive is quite loud on the 360 aswell, i thought i twas just mine at first, it doesn't really bother me though. Apparently Microsoft are releasing a limited edition 360, called the 360 Elite, it will be all black and will have a 100gb hard drive, although im not sure how true these rumours are and when it would be released if they were true.

The noise of the disc drive is quite loud on the 360 aswell, i thought i twas just mine at first, it doesn't really bother me though. Apparently Microsoft are releasing a limited edition 360, called the 360 Elite, it will be all black and will have a 100gb hard drive, although im not sure how true these rumours are and when it would be released if they were true.

This is true and confirmed. It also comes with a HDMI cable. The black version is going to be limited edition, before they swap it back to the white colour.

Xbox 360 Elite

Yeah i have read rumours on certain sites, im just waiting for the official word from microsoft. I've only used about 6gb of my 20gb HDD on my 360 and i haven't got a clue where all that is used, it must be system files or something. I'd never fill 100gb though, unless you saved all of your music, pics and movies to it aswell.

yeah i think its cool because to use the demo's from xbox live u need to save them to hard drive, but once u've played a demo it becomes useless so i delete them.

20gb IMO is too small because i have about 12gb of music which i would eventually like to transfer, so the 60gb on the PS3 would be ace for me.

It's going to become a 'whos dick is bigger' contest on the hard drive front though.

:lol

So once you had turned your 360 on when you first got it, what was the capacity of the hard drive? mine was only 14gb, that was before i played any games or anything, so im not sure where the other 6gb went?? On the music front, i just plug my ipod into the usb port, or stream it from my pc.

I deleted the two Adidas commercials and a couple of other things, i just can't see where else the memory is being used as the themes are only around 2mb each and there is only about 15 of them. Anyway, i'll not be saving much on it so i'll just have to get on with it.