road rage

IanW

mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

came up to to a round-a-bout with lights on it, i was in the right hand lane coming off my my exit, which i would have been in the right hand lane still, no probs there. There was a lorry and a van behind in the left lane coming off the same exit, no probs again. I was overtaking both van and lorry when the van decided to attempt to pull out, but he seen me and swerved back in again, i didn't think too much of it, just shook my head and thought to myself "check your blind spots mate".

Anyway, i overtake and they pull out behind, and give me the finger like I had been int he wrong? WTF? That really pissed me off, so i gave him the finger back and sped off, not too silly fast, but enough to get his ugly mug out of my mirror. Came off my exit and at another round-a-bout behind a BMW and he pulls up next to me, the passenger obviously has a go.. because you know I was wrong.. :/. Put my window down and ask him what he wanted, he replied "i called you a fa##ot"... Told him to F himself.. GRRR, i wish i had of taken the reg, then the next time i seen it, i would have approached the driver and he would crapped bricks.

i hate cocks like this, i had done totally nothing wrong yet getting blame of IDIOTs who clearly cannot drive sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

rant over...

Ian

you wound him up, just chill out and ignore them. Guy makes mistake and doesn't want to admit it infront of his mate so mouths off at the guy he says just cut him up. You escalate it and then it could have kicked off, stuff thrown from van against your car, whole bunch of guys get out carrying hammers and crow bars form the back of the van etc.

you wound him up, just chill out and ignore them. Guy makes mistake and doesn't want to admit it infront of his mate so mouths off at the guy he says just cut him up. You escalate it and then it could have kicked off, stuff thrown from van against your car, whole bunch of guys get out carrying hammers and crow bars form the back of the van etc.

yeah true, but i'm not a person too sit back and take it. I explode into angered outbursts easy if pushed, and this guy just did it for me. If he got out and challenged me, i would have happily give him what he wanted at that moment. I'm not not angered, id be the last person to jump into a fight, its weird really. Or if i were in the wrong I wouldn't act in the same way, id just say sorry. Only 2 blokes in the van though, was a small fiat something. at least now i'm calm, just hope i don't see him again any time soon

its a side effect of dating women i believe (ducks for cover).

I have the feeling even if i didn't take it further i would have gotten crap off him, from now i think ill pull over in a layby and let them just go away in front of me where i can't be annoyed any further. At least it feels good to rant about it on here smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I used to bite when things like this happened to me, but i dont do it anymore, i just bite my lip and don't say anything. At the end of the day you don't know who is in the car next to you, they could have a knife or anything, it just ain't worth it.

I hate people like that, i had a similay thing with two guys in a van a few months ago.

I was in a long que of traffic on a dual carrigeway, these two guys come up on the outside land overtaking the que and decide to stop next to my car indicate and barge their way in. So as the traffic crept forward i just get creeping up to the car infront, i wasnt going to let him in as id been sat there in the que for 15 mins while he just drove up the outside lane.

So as i was creeping forward he decided he would just move into my lane anyway, turned his wheels on full long and just drove into my lane, i blew the hron and i had to let him in by then as he was about an inch of my front bumper with his door.

So he gets infront of me in the que, then the reverse lights come on (bearing in mine this is a knackered transtit with low step on the back bumper and no rear windows so he couldnt possibly know how close i was) and started to reverse. I didnt do anything and just sat there thinking if he does hit me the step will go straight through the lower grill on the front of my car.

He did stop, just, and then moved into the filter lane to the left, i had to stop to the right of him and he was hurling abuse and putting his fingers up, so i just sat and ignored him. I did take his reg actually and thought about reporting him, but the police wouldnt have been interested anyway, they are too busy stopping inocent people for slightly speeing.

Rant over biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I used to bite when things like this happened to me, but i dont do it anymore, i just bite my lip and don't say anything. At the end of the day you don't know who is in the car next to you, they could have a knife or anything, it just ain't worth it.

yeah thats very true, especially being a work type van. One day when im rich ill drive around in a an old banger then just crash into them and run away muahaha.

I get cut up on the roundabout just outside my house quite regularly. I beep my horn as they cut across my lane as they're going straight on and I'm turning right, hoping that they might think "bug*er, I should have checked my mirror before I cut across the other lane", but sometimes you get the finger. A taxi the other day stopped and stared at me as If I'd just done something terrible. He nearly drove into me. wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Cardaft, was the transit just 'passing through' the line of traffic into the other lane then? Or was there still a line of traffic in the other lane as well?

What winds me up is when two lanes are merging into one, at road works for example. You get some pillock who'll drive slowly in the outside lane to stop traffic using it when the lane doesn't close for ages. Happens all the time on my way to Uni, even through the road has always been two lanes that merge into one. If you're not supposed to use both lanes, why did they put two lanes there? rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Just makes me more determined to get in when people don't want to let you. 'Merge in turn' obviously doesn't mean anything to most people.

Cardaft, was the transit just 'passing through' the line of traffic into the other lane then? Or was there still a line of traffic in the other lane as well?

It was insunderland on the A1231, its a 70MPH dual road with a million roundabouts, the roads goes to 30 and the left lane goes straight on the right goes right, More people go straight on so that makes the inside lane full and the outside lane empty. The road has then got a small filter lane to the left so he just passed all the cars in the que to jump infront of me and then a about 1 miles after that he went left, so just to save time on his journey really, so annoying when ive been doing the right thing and sat waiting in the traffic.

You know what to do don't you? Go in the right hand lane and go all the way around the roundabout then go straight on. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You know what to do don't you? Go in the right hand lane and go all the way around the roundabout then go straight on. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Yep i do do that sometimes rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> but this wasnt at a roundabout so i couldnt lol

similar to IanW with the bmw thing... my mate was waiting at traffic lights when a bmw convertable pulled up, the driver looked at my mate and shook his head (god knows why), so my mate started to mouth off... 'ur a f***in c**k, whats ur problem.... etc' funny thing was that my mate was on his driving test tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

n yea i can relate to you aswell cardaft, we have a road that has two lanes and one lane (the one i travel on gets proper long) any way after waiting a good 15 mins in the que i come up to a junction with keep clear written, across, and then all of a sudden some big ugly black 'ssyanyoung' pulls into the gap i was keeping clear... i go to pres the horn, but then think why bother, drive down the road a bit further, there he is drivin in the bus lane! w*nker!

angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

im just about to drive / ride my bike into london. only 5 miles from putney but........ need a couple of cups of earl grey before getting on the bike. the things car drivers do which would / could start road rage is endless in london. a car ran over my foot the other day as he was half in my lane and trying to push past whilst i was stopped at lights! I beeped and was just about to knock on their window but my foot stopped hurting quickly and i thought it's not really worth it. no damage no harm done! coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" /> wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Not a single day goes by where i don't get road rage.

I must admit i don't really scare anyone since i look like where's wolly in noddy's car.

People now days are so tempermental and looking for a reason to give the horn a good beating.

This sort of thing drives me nuts, and i'm also the not the sort of person to leave it if someone is shouting at me for no reason but learnt a lesson a few years ago. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Driving down the fast lane of a duel carriageway when a mondeo attached himself to my bumper and starts flashing me to move over, which I would have happily done if there wasn't a car in the slow lane stopping me from doing so!

I finally pass the car and pull over to let him past, as the mody man comes past he starts screaming at me out of his window etc etc, I decide to give him the finger and flash him as he sped off. On comes the brake lights and he's now moved into my lane and is attemping to make me go in the back of him. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

After his numberous attempts to cause an accident I pull up next to him and signal him to pull over with the full intention of doing him over. That was until a blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> MONSTER blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> of a man peels himself off his seat and gets out, I can honestly say I nearly choked when I saw the size of this bloke. Luckily I had left the car running and managed to get back in before he his dragged 20 stone round to my car! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Safe to say I had a very lucky escape and haven't done it again since..

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> just as well, a good lesson learned though. Mate of mine had a road rage incident with a car coming up behind him flashing it's lights and weaving around behind him. He started braking and trying to wind the guy up till he realized the car was full of police on driver training lol. Pulled him over and gave him a talking to but let him get away with it..

This sort of thing drives me nuts, and i'm also the not the sort of person to leave it if someone is shouting at me for no reason but learnt a lesson a few years ago. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Driving down the fast lane of a duel carriageway when a mondeo attached himself to my bumper and starts flashing me to move over, which I would have happily done if there wasn't a car in the slow lane stopping me from doing so!

I finally pass the car and pull over to let him past, as the mody man comes past he starts screaming at me out of his window etc etc, I decide to give him the finger and flash him as he sped off. On comes the brake lights and he's now moved into my lane and is attemping to make me go in the back of him. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

After his numberous attempts to cause an accident I pull up next to him and signal him to pull over with the full intention of doing him over. That was until a blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> MONSTER blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> of a man peels himself off his seat and gets out, I can honestly say I nearly choked when I saw the size of this bloke. Luckily I had left the car running and managed to get back in before he his dragged 20 stone round to my car! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Safe to say I had a very lucky escape and haven't done it again since..

That made me laugh. almost owned yourself big time.

Funnily enough i witness a really horrible bloke on a bike shouting at a scooter / vespa rider for riding slowly and not indicating. When he asked me what my problem was at the traffic lights all i said was calm down mate it's a lovely day, he then told me to go**** myself and used the c word at both me and the scooter rider. a real charmer..... how i did laugh inside my helmet.......... this bloke isn't enjoying life!

if someone really wants past let them is the obvious thing. Could be someone rushing an injured or pregnant person to hospital, a criminal running from the police in a stolen car that doesn't care if they hit you, a unmarked police car etc. Not worth getting into somethign for the sake of someone else getting a few meters of road infront of you.

• 2 weeks later...

I get road rage all the time most of the time people are right up my backside coz i'm sticking to the speed limit to show the car off and they wanna go that bit faster than me,

When we pull up at traffic lights or junctions and they come alongside i just look across at tham and give them a really cheeky smile, it winds them up even more,

then they just smoke me at the lights laughing at me.

I had a bit of a poo day yesterday at work (month and quarter end with targets to hit and a Design Team to keep happy too). Went to the works gym after work to get rid of my stress and lifted quite heavy to free myself of the tension.

Thinking I was safely over it I went on to drive home in the Caddy.

A1 outside lane pottering along at around 75 and this tool in an Astra comes straight off the slip road onto the A1 and straight in front of me in the outside lane without as much as a glance. So I gave a little flash and a shake of the head and pulled to the inside lane as the next slip road is mine to come off.

The guy let's me pull along side and starts mouthing "what's your effin problem you banker (or at least it rhymed with banker)"

So I smiled, laughed and nodded my head in a sarcastic acknowledgement and I continue driving and the guy drops behind in the outside lane.

When he sees me indicate to leave the A1 he pulls back along side me and starts mouthing "eff off you effin banker" all over again and starts waving his fist at me.

My stress hits me again big time and I gesture that he follows me off the slip road and we sort this out (in a gentlemanly debate obviously) he bricks it big style and looks straight ahead and pretends I don't exist. He drops back again and I decide to leave it and pull off and as I start off on the slip road he pulls up again gives me a couple of hand gestures and speeds off waving his fist.

How close was I to going straight over Lobley Hill roundabout and rejoining the A1?

I swear I have never quite so much been consumed by "road rage" as this fool made me feel last night.

How close was I to going straight over Lobley Hill roundabout and rejoining the A1?

I swear I have never quite so much been consumed by "road rage" as this fool made me feel last night.

Having seen what you look like on tother thread devon, I'm not surprised he was brickin it!

You're a big lad! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I dont usually get wound up easily, but there are occasions where people just happen to catch you at the wrong moment. I had just found out i failed one of my exams in uni because of a stupid mistake where i didnt read the question properly, so i wasnt in the best of moods. Driving along motorway home, touching 80 ish when a tit in a vectra came flying up behind me flashing, beeping etc. I couldnt pull in because it was rush hour and the inside lanes were busy, so put my foot down up to about 90 and he still followed me right on my bumper so i pulled in and give him a glare, he gave me the finger and i just lost it. Luckily i knew the speed camera was usually round the next corner so slowed down and he went through. Hope he got caught the tosser.

I feel a lot better now laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I'm not that big. I'm only 5' 4" rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

lol I didnt mean heightwise as such - broad and chunky smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />