Lupo gti...Turbo/Charger

Mario Blue Eyes

Rothe Motorsport.

Bolt-on kit, with everything needed for the conversion. £3k gets you 180bhp, and anything up to £7k gets you 220/230bhp.

Bullet proof reliability smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

hmmm one day i want to have a gti supercharged, if paulbins can get 180bhp, imagin a gti ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Edited by D_eano

hmmm one day i want to have a gti supercharged, if paulbins can get 180bhp, imagin a gti ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

i will be able to tell you what a gti can get as i'm doing the same as paul but to a gti wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

another 25bhp smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

HTH

Will they sell Joe Public the kit?

Yup smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> If you're willing to pay for it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Dubya, is that the turbo kit you had on yours?

Yup smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I'm not a big fan of volkswagen's forced induction motors. I think the 20v motor is w8nk in stock form... But the Rothe kit was/is awesome. Best Turbo'd motor I'd ever driven wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> It now stands in a garage as a memorial piece, so wont be clocking up many more miles, sadly.

a supercharged gti could give another 25 - 250bhp, depends what the kit is.

Rubbish. You couldn't gain 250hp with a gti motor... It'd max out at 250/270hp converted. You wouldn't get a supercharger to spin up quick enough to produce that sort of boost, and consequently, the motor wouldn't take it. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So are there any companies that do a ready to go kit then? for a reeeeasonable price? hehe

what drive in drive out ?

the gti engine could be NA tuned to 250bhp+ supercharge that and you could get 375bhp. its all possible the engine would cost about £20-30k though. so when i say kit i mean a internals upgrade as part of it. i see what your saying though. supercharger bolt on in itself cant do 100's of bhp on the engine.

Edited by qually

hmm either that..

or just an actual kit that i can get fitted...

yeah the kit dubya says about is the best kit you can buy just its not cheap

So are there any companies that do a ready to go kit then? for a reeeeasonable price? hehe

Define reasonable... baring in mind, no form of tuning is "cheap" smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

the gti engine could be NA tuned to 250bhp+ supercharge that and you could get 375bhp. its all possible the engine would cost about £20-30k though. so when i say kit i mean a internals upgrade as part of it. i see what your saying though. supercharger bolt on in itself cant do 100's of bhp on the engine.

Not a cat in hells chance!

The old 2.0l 16v motor from the Golf... fully race tuned, lightened and balanced, running on side draught Webbers would struggle to see 240hp at 9500rpm. Without a massive capacity increase, the 1.6 gti motor will struggle to see 190hp normally aspirated... You wont get 100's of horsepower from bolting on a supercharger either. A fully tuned 1.8 8v G60 motor would only achieve 250hp, and that was designed to be forced induction from the start!

Unless you can prove otherwise, of course? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

we'll have to agree to disagree. i was talking more on the lines on 14k rpm rev limit.

I'll disagree. The gti motor wont ever rev to 14k revs in a month of Sundays. You wont get it past 9500 without rebuilding it every other week. Besides which, no Supercharger will ever rev that high. For crank speed to match the 'charger drive shaft, and both max out at the same revs, you'll be running a big ass pulley on the crank. Which in turn means, you'll be getting **** all in boost pressure, as it wont be spinning up smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

170-180bhp sounds nice, personally I think anything more in a lupo gti is silly, surely the car won't keep up with the engine over that power.

The chassis itself will take more. The downfall is it's front wheel drive... Any power increase demands a brake upgrade, and atleast some stiffer springs. If your looking at that sort of power, you NEED big brakes, coilies, larger anti-roll bar, and a custom gearbox/diff setup... at the very least.

The gti in stock form is very torque-steery, in that, you plant your foot in the lower gears, and one wheel will grab and pull you off in that direction. Run a lot of camber on the front, and the inside wheel will usually break away and spin up. Increase the power, and it gets worse. 220hp is about the maximum a front wheel drive can cope with, to still be able to steer and put power down. In a daily used gti, i wouldn't want anything near that... smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

some fwd cars can take well over 220 but not the loop it's too light 180 would definately be pushing your luck where as focus st's are now being tuned to 350bhp quite often and as alot of companies are offering it as a package it can't cause too many handling problems