Something to check for all you lowered cars out there!

been having the abs light come on and off for the past few days with an intermittent grinding noise getting worse and worse to the stage joe nearlly pulled over and dumped the car today!!!

all caused by this:

DSC00167.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

purely due to the abs cable being slightly twisted and catching on the wheel!!! so make sure you check yours!

Jen x

been having the abs light come on and off for the past few days with an intermittent grinding noise getting worse and worse to the stage joe nearlly pulled over and dumped the car today!!!

all caused by this:

DSC00167.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

purely due to the abs cable being slightly twisted and catching on the wheel!!! so make sure you check yours!

Jen x

hey jen,

when ur abs light came on was there a warning sound too? light a beep beeeeeeep beeeep in the car??

thanks, sam

hehe nope no beeeeeep beeping

haha, righto. thanks!

mine does the same at high revs in 1st gear! and beep beeeeeeps too. reeeeli annoying

thanks again,

sam

Thank god i dont have abs smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

However i do have a lower boost pipe sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edited by nfbr

Thank god i dont have abs smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

However i do have a lower boost pipe sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

thats on constant backorder from vw!

jen - you'll need to have the wiring replaced, which i make out to be

6N0 927 903 L on my old copy of etka, and from memory, they retail around £25ish

thats not going to be cheap to refit as its a part of the wiring loom shame i could of cut mine out in one peace so it could of been run back in to yours as i am taking my abs out blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

hey thanks for the replies. i got vw to check it out last week and they said it would be fine to just repair it rather than replace it? im guessing that means its a difficult one to replace? darren said he'd take a look for me. it is the sensor wire yea i think. so far the insulation tape is doing the trick *touch wood* please hold out down the motorway too!!!

Darren said he'd take a look for me. it is the sensor wire yea i think. so far the insulation tape is doing the trick *touch wood* please hold out down the motorway too!!!

I'll bring some tools with me this weekend. It should only take 20mins to fix it. Dont worry about the drive there either, she will be fine.

who ever fitted the coilies i make them pay for it. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I fitted them wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> and ive fitted many others to and this is the first time this has happoned!

We temp fixed it last week.

Tidied up the bare cable and then used several layers of insulation tape on it. Its stopped the ABS kicking in all the time and no light which is good. Only problem now is the sensor is fecked. Darren got it on VAGCOM at the weekend, and as soon as your clear the fault, it comes straight back. Itll get fixed when it goes in for a service at MidlandVW next month.

VWR Lupo - not your fault at all mate, it just looks like the cable moved slightly, and was poking out from the strut towards the tyre. Just one of them things.

VWR Lupo - not your fault at all mate, it just looks like the cable moved slightly, and was poking out from the strut towards the tyre. Just one of them things.

i do blame luke...and for compensation i think he needs to buy me an R32

OI YOU NO, under no circumstances are you allowed an .:R32 before i am. I've wanted one way before you did so ner tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Edited by db

OI YOU NO, under no circumstances are you allowed an .:R32 before i am. I've wanted one way before you did so ner tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

aw but id let you drive it sometimes...and if your lucky, even clean it with me! surely you cant turn down an opportunity like that!

Dont push it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I can buy you an R32 badge smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />