modeling

lilemma

i am really interested in doing some modeling alot of people have said i should go into it , not the catwalk stuff just like glammour posing infront of cars an stuff but i dont know where to start does any1 have any tips? or ideas? thanx emma x

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post up some samples and we'll give you a fair review of your chances, know a couple of girls who have gone into that fhm/maxim style thing and make some money at it but there aren't many that make enough to have it as their only career more as a side line

have to be aware of the effect it will have on your life too, whether BFs or family would be happy knowig what you are doing or what they think you are doing whihc might be two different things. A lot of it is fairly seedy until you get into the more professional levels though probably a very small percentage get that far.

Just be carefull, At the moment theres alot of companies wanting YOU to pay them!! Just don't... If your good enough they'll obviously pay you.

If one company says they're not interested don't be shot down it's not that your not 'Beautiful or Pretty' don't let anyone make you think that..

Anyway I would send your samples to the magazines you want to be seen in. Not sure if theres adverts at the back for that. Just guessing anyway

EDIT:

My friends been a promo girl for Nissan a couple of times and really enjoyed it but they do try to take you away from your normal day to day job....

But obviously not all contracts are set in stone just be careful and think things through

Otherwise if it's what you want to do GO FOR IT!

Edited by KimmyJFK

a friend got some work through one of those maxim's hottest girls next door type deals where you can send in and vote online, not always the most pretty but the ones with the most votes behind them from forums etc. Not all glamerous though, standing around for hours at car shows in skimpy clothing gettting guys leering over you and trying it on or people thinking you're a slapper etc.

as long as you're strong enough to live with the consequences and realistic and set limits on what you are happy to do and stick to them then it should be ok.

Bet i'd make a good manager smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

see what potential you have then i might be able to put you in touch with someone who can give you some insider advice. You sound quite young so it is probably worth making sure you finish your qualifications too, can model on the side and still do a degree etc. might easier to get qualifications when you are younger with less responsibilities. Even the best modeling careers don't last more than 5 or 10 years, always someone younger and more attractive coming just behind you.

@nicki we were being helpful tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

@nicki we were being helpful tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

It sounded like you were going to go all pervy but you've actually said some usefull stuff. Well done you wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

thanks i think... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> still no pics of you in the show your face thread Sev wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

thanks i think... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> still no pics of you in the show your face thread Sev wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It was meant to be a compliment and not sarcastic laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Hmmm still debating whether or not to put up a pic....

there is 1 pic on show ur face taken about 1year ago on a very drunken night not a good pic a have all my qualifications i am a fully qualified swimming teacher im 21 but ppl say i look younger

Hmmm still debating whether or not to put up a pic....

we promise not to laugh biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Funny this subject has come up. Not to long ago we had a girl working at our company who (whilst slightly drunk) said she had done some modelling in the past. After around 3 months of working with us a friend somehow managed to find some rather interesting shots online of what she had done, needless to say she left the company soon after!

The moral is to seriously consider what your doing & be prepared for any repercussions.

(P.S. If anyone wants the links PM me shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> )

Edited by Max69vk

I take photos.

I'll take some glammour shots for you wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Come take some of me. ive been told i should model for topman by a few people.

But ill let ya take some glamour ones if ya want wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

we promise not to laugh biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm not worried about that..........I quite like being a mystery woman smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by queen_of_the_road

I should be in a mag (i hope). Ill be in a mag called Kerrang if my pic gets accepted. It's the one where i met Mark Hoppus.

I'll make sure i make everyone know when im in it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by emo_gazz