Just found some pics of my old car...

Devon

My old man has a Range Rover .............................its the bollox shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Edited by Ty

I'm not an 'enviro' at all its not just 4X4's that I think are pathetic I think some cars are to with their big engines. For example a Dodge/Chrysler Viper has an 8.3 Litre engine and it can get pissed on by Ferrari's, and the like, with engines half the size! Its the inefficiency that I think is pathetic not the actual size of the vehicle! If you had've read the thread you may have known this anyway.

NOCK

but then half the size of an 8 litre engine (4 litre) is hardly economical

and i think that if you follow the tone of my post i think you'll find that knowledge of prior posts was far down on the list of priorities

(i'm not really getting a sherman tank .....

...it's a tiger)

can we just

fullSize_Morocco20-20Stop20Sign.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

all the bitching sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I reckon a bit of off roading is going to be more exciting and challenging than parking a small VW in a carpark or field with other small VWs.

And I think you've all missed the point about the school run. Kids should walk or cycle to school with their Guardian, not get dropped off in a car. That would have the biggest contribution to cutting rush hour congestion than anything.

When I drive the RR into London (quite regulary) I get pasted with environmental leaflets about how Im polluting the earth etc etc!!

How I look at it is like this, When I watch Discovery channel and hear facts and figures like 'this factory pumps out more Co 2 emmisions than the average town in 1 day' or 'This piece of machinery uses more electricity in 10 minutes than the average house does in a week!' I think to myself why the feck should I not drive my Range Rover into London what sod all difference is it going to make!! Until attitudes change on a much larger scale I'll be driving my RR everywhere!

American cars may have massive engines and relatively small amounts of power, but they last for ages. There's no strain on the engine and they can go for a million miles.

It's not just 4x4's that are uneconomical, there's plenty of sports cars that get worse MPG. Do they get nasty looks and flyers on their windscreen?

We have a 5.7L V8 Dodge Ram pickup truck with 360bhp, it weighs 3 tons and gets 11MPG on a long gentle run-out. But it's ok, we leave it set in 2WD. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

its not the enviornment issue i complain about, its the way they take up the roads, there totally unsafe for the roads, check out there ncap ratings, the results will surprise you, there only safety bonus is because of there size. and what about other raod users that might be involved in a crash with one of these things? bul bars are banned yet can still be retro fitted, whats the point in banning them then? and the amount of times ive seen roads completely blocked off cos some bint in her cayenne has stopped to pick up the kids is unreal!

but as for the pollution side, diesels dont give off co2, its petrols that are causing the greenhouse effect, envior'mental'ists have just branded 4x4s cos they see smoke and think pollution.

did anyone see top gear? the porsche that has exhaust gas thats actually cleaner than the air goin in (in busy cities) weird!

why do you care if people drive x5's and cayennes?

Theres enough caravans and trucks to get stuck behind when your doing a Mcrae down the snake pass without being stuck behind one of these as well wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Feel the Lupo love. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I would never buy a 4x4, just not my thing, but there is no way anyone should be able to dictate to anyone else what they choose to drive. If someone wants to buy a 450bhp Cayenne Turbo and drive 500 yards to Tesco in it, they have just as much you have to right to walk there.

I wouldn't do it, and I am probably guilty of having personal feelings as to the sort of person that does, but the fact that someone has the right to do it is unquestionable. IMHO.

Feel the Lupo love. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I would never buy a 4x4, just not my thing, but there is no way anyone should be able to dictate to anyone else what they choose to drive. If someone wants to buy a 450bhp Cayenne Turbo and drive 500 yards to Tesco in it, they have just as much you have to right to walk there.

I wouldn't do it, and I am probably guilty of having personal feelings as to the sort of person that does, but the fact that someone has the right to do it is unquestionable. IMHO.

that's what i think too.

i find it amusing how people bitch about stereotypical 4x4 drivers.

i bet 99% of the cayennes, x5's, range rovers, etc never hold you up or do anything that any other hatchback/saloon/estate car on the road doesn't do.

i don't think our 4x4 has ever seen mud, but why should we be told that we shouldn't be allowed to drive one by tree hugging do gooders just because you have something against them.

I ran my truck on 50% veg oil in the summer, so I produced less pollution than your average hatch back. Unfortunately as soon as you put anything in your fuel tank that can act as fuel, you have to pay a fuel surcharge. So even if I was getting veg oil for 31p a litre (man i used to love Lidl biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />) you then had to add 29p a ltr in tax, which you had to fill in a stupid form everytime and then send a cheque off. Needless to say you often forgot to add the tax blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

If that was aimed at me, I haven't it is standard lol. And at least modifying a car aesthetically doesn't look as ugly as one of them (if you do it right). I can't even be arsed to read this thread anymore to be honest it's lame.

NOCK