Exhaust fitted

Aruffell

I fitted my janspeed exhaust yesterday, got the GTI Cat-back system for my Sport. To be honest i'm pretty dissapointed. It doesn't sound a great deal different to the standard exhaust.

Think i'm going to take the middle pipe (silencer) out and through a straight pipe on so i can get a bit more noise. Could have just bought a back box to be honest sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

£150 for that middle pipe and now im going to rip it off sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Andy

I get a little bit of grunt, but i've heard people with £80 universal savage backboxes that get better noise sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

£300 odd for hardly any difference sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Andy

If you wanted a chavvy sound then yeah you should have got a savage.

If you read all the posts from us, Tshirt2k and whoever else has the system, we have all said, its not 'to' loud, just noticeable.

If you know what you want, you should have researched to be honest smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Joe

I get a little bit of grunt, but i've heard people with £80 universal savage backboxes that get better noise sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

£300 odd for hardly any difference sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Andy

If you want it loud and roary then you should have chosen a far lesser quality and bad taste style exhaust.

the fact that your new system doesnt sound much different to standard is usually a good sign that its working very well in tune with your engine!!

Most exhaust take awhile to bed in properly, even my standard system on my gti sounds better now than it did from new. Personally I dont like them to loud, prefer agood induction rohr.

That usually muffles it more?

i dont know how it works and dont claim to, but a used exhaust always sounds better than a new one.

run it for a few hundred mile and see if you still dont like it. if not then i would get a cat replacement pipe rather than takin a silencer out, the cat is the worst of the lot, my mr2 spat flames and sounded awesome when i took the cat off that. just remember to keep the cat for mot time.

i dont know how it works and dont claim to, but a used exhaust always sounds better than a new one.

run it for a few hundred mile and see if you still dont like it. if not then i would get a cat replacement pipe rather than takin a silencer out, the cat is the worst of the lot, my mr2 spat flames and sounded awesome when i took the cat off that. just remember to keep the cat for mot time.

it'll probably sound better, but definately not louder

it'll probably sound better, but definately not louder

goin from experience taking the cat out does make it louder, a few of me mates have taken their cats out on their cars, miles louder and even a friend has got a sports cat, because of the fact that its got less cells inside it must have made it louder!

tbh it did make it sound raspy and a bit chavy but each t your own eh.

goin from experience taking the cat out does make it louder, a few of me mates have taken their cats out on their cars, miles louder and even a friend has got a sports cat, because of the fact that its got less cells inside it must have made it louder!

tbh it did make it sound raspy and a bit chavy but each t your own eh.

i agree with it soundin a bit chav, but on the right car its ok, a loud exhaust on a gti would be tickety boo, but i wouldnt dream of fittin a loud zorst to a 1.0

Decided to decat it today, got a bit of stainless steel pipe, took the cat off completely, and added this pipe.

Think it's stupid loud now though sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Why cant i get something in between sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Andy

you should notice an increase in power with a de-cat pipe.. normaly 5hp or more..

thats why i love pre 1992 cars.. the cats can stay off...

my jetta has one and its got to go... (thats an import though, dont normaly have them..)

has your rear box got a straight tail pipe? bends cut noise... but then these "big bore" things just end up scraping the floor

Didn't they just slap a cat on old cars though, whereas nowadays the exhaust systems are designed for maximum power including the cat?

You won't see as much of a benefit decatting a new car as you would an old one.

Ive got a powerflow system which sounds great, not loud atall unless you floor it. I could never saw the point of getting an aftermarket zorst if its not gona have some grunt, be fair enough if your getting some power gains.

My Vr sounds lovely without the cat.....esspecially in tunnels.

My mates VR does also.

Was just really tinny when cold.

I think with some heat wrap it would sort it out though.

Cant believe Twisty has bought the exhaust.

Was he complaining about the price? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />