Tyres for the GTi's

Viney

Ian

These tyres go into production February, so you will be looking end of Feb begining of March before we see them.

Hope this information meets with your needs

Regards

Sheila

So if ya need the Dunlops before then, you are out of luck.

Just though you lot should know

I need some new boots, but I wouldn't go back to the Dunlops anyway, so I wouldn't really be a problem to me. Originally thought the post was going to say they were stopping them though. ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Hope theres not a surge of buying Toyo's, I need them fairly soon.

How much tread are we talking?

How much you after Tigz? - Would you post also?

Heres a photo of each one, I'm selling as they are too wide for my Polo rims.

I just need to sell them to get the other two Goodyear's I need.

I'm in South Yorkshire but will be in Birmingham on Saturday?

Looking for £85 for the pair (the cash I need for the Goodyear's) I don't mind posting if you want to call around for prices, find out who's the cheapest and I'll take them to be delivered?

Dunlop2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Dunlop1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Im running 195/45/15 Yoko A539 on my GTi as i can buy them for a good price locally and they are also much better than the Toyo's and Dunflops i previously had on.

Oh and also if your car is lowered, they tuck inside the front arches a bit better aswell.

I didn't notice anything really, the ride is a bit firmer, not sure if this is because of the tyre (Potenza) or because of the lower profile due to the stretch. But the grip is better than the Dunlops and the Toyos in the wet, although i have never driven with them on in the winter, so im not sure what the narrower tyre would be like in really bad conditons.

Did you notice any difference with the 165/50's on?

Can't say I've noticed any difference between the 205's and 195's either.

im not sure what to do at the moment. need to get new tyres aswell. whats the car like in the wet with the 195s, im in 2 minds to put 195s. the 205s are just so expensive. u can buy 4 195s for 2 205s. would there be any problem if i put 195s at the front and 205s at the back as i have 2 toyos that have loads of tread left on them.

There is no noticeable difference between the 195s and 205s and i also have 205s at the back and 195s at the front due to me having quite a bit of tread on the rears. The only problem is when you have a larger tyre at the front compared to the rear, to be honest though you can't even notcie the difference when you look at the car.

There is no noticeable difference between the 195s and 205s and i also have 205s at the back and 195s at the front due to me having quite a bit of tread on the rears. The only problem is when you have a larger tyre at the front compared to the rear, to be honest though you can't even notcie the difference when you look at the car.

cheers mate your a gem.

Im running 165/50s, so they have a slight stretch on them and the look a lower profile than the 195/45s. Check my readers rides out and you will see what i mean.

To be honest, you are probably best off getting 195/45s for the front and getting 205/45s at the rear, as i think a 195/45 at the rear on an 8.5 wide rim may be a little too much stretch.

well ive got 195 all round at moment and i looks ok like just was seeing if i could get lower profiles. the rears fit nicely up in the arch so dont really want to go wider. oh well if you hears of anywhere that sells 40's give us a shout, cheers buddy

i have toyo 205/45/15 at front and toyo 195/45/15 at the rear. straight thinking would suggest as i thought that this would make it oversteer as more traction at the front, but its not the case on the limit in most situations it will understeer. when it has 205 front and back it oversteers (which i prefer if its gentle). i would guess that 195 at front and 205 at back may even make it oversteer even more. i think its all down to weight distribution front and back.

a light rear end becomes in effect lighter again having wider tyres on the rear wheels.

I have some lassa tyres on the front of my gti 195/45/15 and i must say even though they were dirt cheap

(just under £40 i think) they are loads better than the Dunlops. I always found the dunlops ok in the dry but

got loads of understeer in the wet, the lassas are better in the dry lots more grip even though they are 10mm narrower, and better in the wet. The only problem is if you drive like me they only last 6-8 months on the front. BTW i think they are made by bridgestone but in their new turkish factory so cheaper. coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

i have toyo 205/45/15 at front and toyo 195/45/15 at the rear. straight thinking would suggest as i thought that this would make it oversteer as more traction at the front, but its not the case on the limit in most situations it will understeer. when it has 205 front and back it oversteers (which i prefer if its gentle). i would guess that 195 at front and 205 at back may even make it oversteer even more. i think its all down to weight distribution front and back.

a light rear end becomes in effect lighter again having wider tyres on the rear wheels.

i was told that having a larger tyre at the front is illegal and an MOT failure. Unless the place i bought my tyres from is bulling me.