Lupo GTI Vs 106 XSi 1.6

Kev

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one to argue with anybody but you have to be kidding? right? P1s would demolish a Lupo GTI, surely?! Unless the driver of the Lupo is Michael Schumacher or similar.

I'm not one to argue with anybody but you have to be kidding? right? P1s would demolish a Lupo GTI, surely?! Unless the driver of the Lupo is Michael Schumacher or similar.

im not michael but i used to race. Prob why i am looking for a new exhaust. I used to have a fiesta 1.2 zetec and round a street circuit it is miles ahead of the gti. Of couse it is slower but it handled like it was on rails. So i guess you would not believe me if i told you last weekend it gave a Ferrari 430 a lesson it will never foget.

fair enough if your talking about driving ability, some people are good at driving, some people are bad, which will explain large differences in lap times.

However in terms of car performance - how quickly given a perfect driver round a track each car will get round a track - the P1 and F430, would probably almost lap a lupo gti - especially the F430 lol.

im not michael but i used to race. Prob why i am looking for a new exhaust. I used to have a fiesta 1.2 zetec and round a street circuit it is miles ahead of the gti. Of couse it is slower but it handled like it was on rails. So i guess you would not believe me if i told you last weekend it gave a Ferrari 430 a lesson it will never foget.

STOP TALKING SH^T

If you used to race mate then thats fair enough. So what is the spec of your Lupo GTI? Suspension? Engine? etc.

If you used to race mate then thats fair enough. So what is the spec of your Lupo GTI? Suspension? Engine? etc.

its standard

STOP TALKING SH^T

U bad person

fair enough if your talking about driving ability, some people are good at driving, some people are bad, which will explain large differences in lap times.

However in terms of car performance - how quickly given a perfect driver round a track each car will get round a track - the P1 and F430, would probably almost lap a lupo gti - especially the F430 lol.

Guess so

to be fair a bog standard 106 gti with a reasonable driver would eat a 1.4 s for breakfast they are NOT slow cars by any means but with some chav driving who just bangs up the revs and drops the clutch you may beat him wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

wayne

A GTI should beat a 106 XSI as i had a little play in a straight line today with a 106 GTI. It was obviously faster but not by a massive margin really. I was quite impressed as thought it'd have a larger edge. It only pulled away after 60mph+

So given a Lupo GTI is faster than my car by a bit, I presume it'll be fine with a 106 GTI and have an XSI fine.

Edited by g-man85

Are you foreal?

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

106 xsi's are 1.4 16v.

only sporty 1.6's made in the 106 range were the xs(90hp), phase 2 rallye (105hp), and the gti (120hp).

lupo gti would own a xs.

think the rallye would keep up with a gti

106 gti would deffo beat a lupo gti.

i would still have a 106 gti as i think they are mint.....then i would sell it after 2-3 weeks cause the build quality is utter gash!!!

dont think i would eeeeeever own a lupo gti as i just dont like them.....too many about....an there all dun up the same sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

would rather have a sport (love the tim/tom interior) with a gti in it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

anyway....ifd it is an 1.4xsi...could b close.

if its an 1.6xs ur ok haha

(easiest givaway is that the xsi is a phase 1 (n reg back), and the xs doesnt have a gti/rallye/shitsilver *cough*quicksilver bodykit.)

thankyouplease

Edited by Bigfoot

i over heard a girl sayin that about my car at VW festival too! might have been the same 1 coz i heard her say "i STILL prefer the 106 GTi" blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> and then the guy who she was with told her to shut up! lol

yep maybe, she was a rite chav! lol

dont think i would eeeeeever own a lupo gti as i just dont like them.....too many about....an there all dun up the same sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

yea those GTI's are common as muck laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Had both a MK1 106 Rallye (1.3) and MK2 106 GTI. Lupo GTI definitely faster than Rallye, 106 GTI slightly faster than Lupo, but I'd say the VW has the better (gutsier) engine. Pug has the better handling.

On the subject of build quality, I'd say the VW has a higher perceived quality/build level, but I think the Peugeot is more reliable. The Lupo better to own.

but i was on about a phase 2 rallye (1.6) so it could b close.....and as for build quality...were u drunk when u drive a 106 laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

build quality is terrible....ive owned 3 106's in the past, 2 phase 1's and a phase 2 and there all crap build quality.

good fun to drive smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Deffo No because i can beat 106gti's and vts saxos with my eyes shut. Oh and 1.8turbo golfs are good to annoy!!!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

lupo gti - 0-60 in 8.3secs and top speed of 127

ive been in a gti at 135mph (with 4 in the car).... as far as i know its standard too..?