HOW DO YOU...

NOCK

sorry if that sounds a stupid question but how do you do it? ive got some pins with my new headunit but will these work for removing my BETA radio? and how do i use the pins? i probably sound stupid but never done it before. please help, CHEERS

NOCK

Chances are the removal tools will be different. I asked at the dealers and he gave me a pair that he'd pinched off one of the engineers. Sure they can't cost much though.

You can also use two pieces of credit card. Just cut them into strips the same width as the slots at either side of the head unit and push them in. The unit should pop out slightly, and you just pull it out.

Easy. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Edit: Dammit! If my reply wasn't so long winded Tigz wouldn't have beated me to it!

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

pop into ur local vw parts dept, and order 1h0 051 530 which are the radio removal keys for beta, gamma and alpha radios, cost is £5.01 inc vat

i have used sony keys to remove the standard radio before, but its much easier with the proper VW ones!!

to save further confusion, when you have removed the headunit, you will notice that the keys won't easily pull-out from the slots. what you need to do is look on the side of the radio, and you will see where the keys slot into. you will need to push on the metal tabs on the side of the radio to pull the keys out, as this tab locks the keys into the radio.

Well, it'll depend what kind of keys you got with your new head unit, do they look similar to the ones in the guide? Give it a go, and if it doesn't work, try the credit card or VW keys.

k cheers mate that is a great help. wots this i read that i will need to get some kind of adapter for my new headunit to work as VW use different connectors????

NOCK

k cheers mate that is a great help. wots this i read that i will need to get some kind of adapter for my new headunit to work as VW use different connectors????

NOCK

you need to swap to wires around on the back of your new headunit.

change the red with the yellow and vice versa.

regards

pop into ur local vw parts dept, and order 1h0 051 530 which are the radio removal keys for beta, gamma and alpha radios, cost is £5.01 inc vat

I tried that at a Seat dealer and they told me i couldnt order them and they wouldnt even take my radio out while it was in for a service. That has to be the worst Seat dealer around, they just dont want to know.

Chris

Edited by cardaft

you need to swap to wires around on the back of your new headunit.

change the red with the yellow and vice versa.

regards

is that easy to do? how you do it? someone else said u have to actually connect them together????? grrrr im confused proper!!!!!!! someone help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOCK

when i changed mine from a gamma to my sony h/unit, i had to swap the red and yellow wires over, because for some reason, vw's are different to most other manufacturers!

by this i mean

red wire from radio loom connects to yellow wire

yellow wire from radio loom connects to the red wire

its confusing to explain, but basically, you're swapping the feeds for the permanent and switched live wires.