CTR - GTI - VRS

willcrook

I diddn't test the cooper s because i'm not that fond of the way it looks

So what your saying their, is that your straight ? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So what your saying their, is that your straight ? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
disagree with what your saying Al and if your refereing as i think you are that the mini is a "girls car" then people are a bit insecure tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> the mini cooper S is an excellent car although to be fair i suppose you do have to be a 'driver' to appreciate it

and willcrook im not sure why you dont like the mini as personally its quite like the lupo if you think about it on looks but you ended up with a nice car shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

wayne

CTR is amazing... they also have a good forum my other half uses...

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/index.php & http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/ [nothing beats this one though car3yb1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

car6bp3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

... then again - i'd be quite happy with a Lupo Gti!!

Edited by Snowball

I really liked the vRS smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> So much so that I've just ordered one!

CTR was a pile o' poop when I drove one. Handled well, went well, just you couldn't just "drive" it, you had to be on the edge at all times, it wasn't really a comfortable cruiser.

I still find it amusing that a Lupo owner casts doubts over the sexuality of a MINI driver, it still tickles me.

CTR is amazing... they also have a good forum my other half uses...

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/index.php & http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/ [nothing beats this one though wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />]

He has a Civic Sport, which has a 1.6 Vtec engine and that is extremly nippy... and makes such a good noise at the high revs when the vtec kicks in...

He always says when he has the money he would love to get a CTR.

If you can afford the insurance, i'd reccomend a CTR smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If not the Sport has the same body kit as the CTR, just a lower engine size meaning less insurance and tax...

... then again - i'd be quite happy with a Lupo Gti!!

Thought the 'sport' model of that civic used a 2.0L engine like the type r but without the aggresive vtec, instead using i-vtec which is why it develops only 150bhp ?

There is no doubt that the GTi has a lot of grip, but it is a little front heavy and in this weather it has a tendancy to run wide fairly easily and feel a little twitchy. In that sense it's like any other vw from the past 8 years softly sprung but firmly damped with tuned in 'safe' understeer, despite feeling slightly rolly round the corners it holds it own very well. It's much improved with coilovers, turning it into the hatch that it should have been. I love it though, throw it round and beat it into submission and it keeps coming back howling for more wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Thought the 'sport' model of that civic used a 2.0L engine like the type r but without the aggresive vtec, instead using i-vtec which is why it develops only 150bhp ?

Sport is a 1.6l petrol... with the vtec smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> i think the new sport (new style) has the 2l engine...

lol i agree the mini is so gay its untrue!

NOCK

off topic biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

He has a Civic Sport, which has a 1.6 Vtec engine and that is extremly nippy... and makes such a good noise at the high revs when the vtec kicks in...
has your boyfriend had any problems with his sport? my sister can easily get insured on Type R but cant totally afford one and i figure a sport should at least be quite a bit cheaper as far as i remember as standard they didnt get the type R spoiler, interior, wheels or suspension did they?
I still find it amusing that a Lupo owner casts doubts over the sexuality of a MINI driver, it still tickles me.

exactly what i was say the lupo is easily classed as a womans shopping car by many yet owners cast the same saying over mini drivers huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

NOCK

Drive one

back on topic biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

enjoying the Gti Will and had any probs so far? also is it what you expected?

wayne

has your boyfriend had any problems with his sport? my sister can easily get insured on Type R but cant totally afford one and i figure a sport should at least be quite a bit cheaper as far as i remember as standard they didnt get the type R spoiler, interior, wheels or suspension did they?

He hasnt had any problems with his sport... it's a 54 plate with around 27ish miles on the clock... everything is still under warranty.

car6bp3mt9.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

you can see in the piccy, that it comes with the type r body kit, not sure about the spoiler... interior isn't standard.

072000236xaqx9.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

obviously thats the other side! They have sport bucket seats, but not the type r ones.

My bf was lucky with the alloys, as they came with the car when he bought it... standard sport alloys are these ones:

Honda_Civic.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Regarding how cheap it is to run...

Sport is insurance group 6, with the type r at 17... save a few bucks there..

Sport does 42 mpg compared with typer at 31 mpg

here's some technical data for you smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/data-d...spx?deriv=24213

off topic biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

exactly what i was say the lupo is easily classed as a womans shopping car by many yet owners cast the same saying over mini drivers huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Drive one

back on topic biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

enjoying the Gti Will and had any probs so far? also is it what you expected?

wayne

Definately enjoying it!

In the wet it's pretty scary though.

And in the dry it comes alive when the roads are deserted : D

Starting to get the hang of the handling as oppose to my previous lowered tdi which I felt like I had mastered over the years I had it, the gti has a very different feel to it.

I'm unable to modify the suspension till I have paid the car off which won't be for at least another year which will give me time to get good at driving with the standard and the change will turn it into a nice little go kart furthermore!

Petrol Consumption = bad!

He hasnt had any problems with his sport... it's a 54 plate with around 27ish miles on the clock... everything is still under warranty.

here's some technical data for you smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/data-d...spx?deriv=24213

thanks for that thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" /> shes been on about them for years and i figure soon she should get one wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Definately enjoying it!

In the wet it's pretty scary though.

that will be the dunlop sport's if its on original tyres i have just gone from my deep dishes with toyo proxes on to my original alloys for winter with the dunlop sports and its scary as hell takes me twice as long to get home now laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
And in the dry it comes alive when the roads are deserted : D

Starting to get the hang of the handling as oppose to my previous lowered tdi which I felt like I had mastered over the years I had it, the gti has a very different feel to it.

I'm unable to modify the suspension till I have paid the car off which won't be for at least another year which will give me time to get good at driving with the standard and the change will turn it into a nice little go kart furthermore!

Petrol Consumption = bad!

in what way is the GTi different on handling is it more planted etc huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

and going from a TDi to GTi will be hurting you even more bet your getting about a third what you used to get in the TDI laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> but is it worth it?

wayne

thanks for that thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" /> shes been on about them for years and i figure soon she should get one wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

that will be the dunlop sport's if its on original tyres i have just gone from my deep dishes with toyo proxes on to my original alloys for winter with the dunlop sports and its scary as hell takes me twice as long to get home now laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

in what way is the GTi different on handling is it more planted etc huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

and going from a TDi to GTi will be hurting you even more bet your getting about a third what you used to get in the TDI laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> but is it worth it?

wayne

the gti feels heavier and less planted but with more comfort and a less harsh ride.

I have changed the tyres to tr-1's all round which made a difference.

the petrol consumption is twice as bad as the tdi but its definately worth it, for the noise alone at times!.

A gay man (or woman) in a One beat you at the lights once didn't they? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

MINI bashing is an old tradition here.