Anyone got a Front strut brace on their GTI?

Grapo

I had one on my sport mate and cauldnt tell the difference so i removed it and sold it on smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Did you have to drill holes? Move water bottle?

What make was it?

Wiechers lower front strut brace from AAT. Cost £50 delivered. Even with my coilovers and poly bushes I still noticed a difference. The best £50 I spent on the suspension!

The turn is alot more precise and direct and you can feel a difference straight away. I opted for a lower front one for the reasons detailed above about having to drill holes in suspension turrets.

How long did it take to be delivered?

Do you have any pics?

Took a while wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Same old story. I was in no rush at the time though, as at that time I couldnt get it anywhere else.

I can get pics for you. IIRC it connects the lower arms together, would have to check though. Its anodised red, but has a few battle scars as I was running quite low on the coilovers. I also had to remove my sump guard/splash guard as it was in the way.

Venom are now recognised distributors.

Edited by T5POL

i would have thought a good strut brace makes use of all the existing bolt/nuts where the front shock struts mount to the chassis. the above pic doesnt look like it is, which could mean its not using its full potential to stiffen? i had a complete brace as i describe on my micra and it really makes a difference to the steering responce.

heres a pic i just got off the internet that shows how a brace normally bolts on fully around the strut. it may make no difference i dont know. but i woul dhave thought it should make an obvious difference. unless as standard there is not much feedback from the car anyway as a characteristic.

strut_brace1.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by beach