Anyone got a Front strut brace on their GTI?

Grapo

Did you have to drill holes? Move water bottle?

What make was it?

I did drill holes whichmeans you have to drop the front shocks down and i got a bracket to relocate the collant bottle!

Cant remember the make mate, sorry blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I did drill holes whichmeans you have to drop the front shocks down and i got a bracket to relocate the collant bottle!

Cant remember the make mate, sorry blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

sounds like a lot of effort for minimal gain

I think if you combine upper and lower braces you get quite a difference. I had both fitted to my fiat and it turned much much sharper. Only problem was it hung about 2inches lower and grounded easily.

Took both off after nearly ripping suspension off on a speed bump 1 week after fitting sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edited by Joe

sounds like a lot of effort for minimal gain

I think so mate.

On a road car its not worth just putting a strut brace on unless you have a lower strutbrace or get the subframe seam wealded and run coilovers aswell.

Now that wauld make the car handle.

I think so mate.

On a road car its not worth just putting a strut brace on unless you have a lower strutbrace or get the subframe seam wealded and run coilovers aswell.

Now that wauld make the car handle.

You mean like mine!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The Lupo's top mounts are so close to the bulkhead that fitting an upper brace wouldnt be noticeable unless on slicks in the middle of summer, even then it would be hard to feel. The best kind of bracing for the Lupo is the lower subframe brace, the front of the subframe deflects a huge amount during cornering and braking, fit a lower brace and you will notice the difference instantly, especially if on coilovers and good tyres. These are also easy to make if you have a welder.

You mean like mine!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The Lupo's top mounts are so close to the bulkhead that fitting an upper brace wouldnt be noticeable unless on slicks in the middle of summer, even then it would be hard to feel. The best kind of bracing for the Lupo is the lower subframe brace, the front of the subframe deflects a huge amount during cornering and braking, fit a lower brace and you will notice the difference instantly, especially if on coilovers and good tyres. These are also easy to make if you have a welder.

Do you have a welder?

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'd give you £20 for one.