Pics with Bilstein B12 kit fitted

hufcforpromotion

DSC00519.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00518.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00517.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00520.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00516.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by hufcforpromotion

much better now there are bigger pics smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

car looks great mate. nice work so far tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Edited by Joe

excellent results.

looks just right to me. and i already know the brands you chose are top quality so will do their job well, and should last.

nice to see pics of the gti with standard wheels aswell.

Edited by beach

Looks like you've done a good job mate. you happy with the ride height and comfort?

Yes very happy! It is how the lupo GTI should of been from standard! Very smooth ride and handles brilliant and is the ride height I was after! Handles very much like my last car now which was a Civiv type R!

Yes he has, its just nearly everyone who gets thier hands on a set of coilovers seems to go for maximum lowering. I think we get so used to seeing either the tractor ride height or full on lowering, but never in the middle. I could justify changing the suspension to firm up the ride and improve handling, even if the lowering only lost half the gap between the wheel arch and tyre.

yes i have noticed quite a few manuafactures give their sports version of their models the same ride height but have increased the spring rates. 25% stiffer perhaps. things like that. high quality dampers and springs can transform a car.

in this case i think it actually shows its lower than standard aswell. by about 3cm i would say perhaps smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

yes i have noticed quite a few manuafactures give their sports version of their models the same ride height but have increased the spring rates. 25% stiffer perhaps. things like that. high quality dampers and springs can transform a car.

in this case i think it actually shows its lower than standard aswell. by about 3cm i would say perhaps smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Wow! really! sleeping.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":sleeping:" border="0" alt="sleeping.gif" />

nice colour! looks lovely, bet its really nice to drive with them on

So youve actually lowered the car? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I think the bilstein stuff is less about "Looking cool" and more about excelent levels of handlin, comfort and safety.

Edited by nfbr

looks ace, love the colour! heard loads of good stuff about bilstein suspension! must be good if its used in rallying etc....

one thing that worries me tho.....

..... its a gti, where are your aero wipers?

Thanks for all the response on my car! Got the aero wipers today and cambridge rear lights plus most of the bits for the g60 brake upgrade! Removed the orange inserts in the cambridge lights and will be buying the same indicator bulbs as fitted to the front! More pics asap!

Cheers John!

Looks great without the orange filter, how did you get them out? I've been looking for a spare set to remove the orange bit as I'd heard it was hard and didn't want to break my only set of lights, but you seem to have done it really quickly.

Looks great without the orange filter, how did you get them out? I've been looking for a spare set to remove the orange bit as I'd heard it was hard and didn't want to break my only set of lights, but you seem to have done it really quickly.

Used an old soldering iron and melted them out! Easy but took a while!

More pics now with aero wipers fitted!

DSC00521.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00529.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00530.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00532.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00533.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

how much is it lowered? how much was the suspension kit?

have just fitted some g60 steel wheels and the suspension just needs to sit a little lower but don't want it really low like most lupo's with lowered kits fitted

pay attention when your learning. wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

ahaha Thats just about the only decent thing you've ever said on this website... keep up the good work.