Pain beyond pain

Max69vk

Finally after a week + of f*cking around I've got an apointment to see my GP (see seperate thread for full details) & what happens? I've somehow within the space of 24hrs managed to get toothache like nothing I've ever experienced before! It's that bad that even after chugging down (probably too many) painkillers & applying a benzocaine based local aneathstetic, Im still in agony to the point its making me feel sick sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I've just got off the phone to the NHS trust 0845 number to try & find an emergency dentist to sort it out & am waiting a call back, but Im not holding out much hope as its going to look like another long sleepless night.

I dont give a sh*t about how much it costs, I've got insurance, I just want this pain gone! Typical that this happens at once & just before E38, if I get it sorted my cheeks are probably going to look like Marlon Brando out of the Godfather!

Just had a call back, Im going to have to wait till morning as there is no emergency service in my area wtf.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wtf:" border="0" alt="wtf.gif" /> The next 24-48hrs look like they're going to be fun! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Thats what it feels like tbh my last couple of back teeth & jaw etc are just throbbing with pain, I'd say that it actualy feels worse that when I managed to smash one of my teeth in half leaving the nerve exposed!

Yep, can totaly understand yoru pain, i have had BIG probs with me teeth and jesus it hurts, i was at the point where i was going to pull the b1tch out myself!

Have you tried clove oil? helps but if you use to much your whole mouth ends up numb!

Dude feel real sorry for you as tooth ache is the f88king worst pain to have.

Try the following to relive the pain:

Rub Clove oil over the infected tooth

Tooth Paste same as above

Mouthwash as above

Hope it helps sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Cheers for the advice guys but at the moment Im already popping ibuprofen & codeine tabs like they're smarties, & Im using something called Orajel which is made from clove oil & Benzocaine (local aneasthetic) & none of its doing much good! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> To add to the fun I just went down to the doctors & they double booked my appointment with them which means I've got to go back again this afternoon + I've got to try & get an emergency appointment today for the dentist blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

(EDIT:) Ok, I must have p*ssed off God in a big way somehow just rang up the dentist for an emergency appointment 'Oh yes, we can fit you in sir. How does 4.40 today sound'?.........

Bloody fantastic, apart from the fact that its exactly the same time as my rescheduled doctors appointment!

F*CKING TYPICAL!!! angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Edited by Max69vk

Dont tempt me! It was a screwdriver which lead to the smashed tooth last time ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

i would have thought if you have insurance there would be some emergency number on that, hope you get it sorted.

mumrah and the thunder cats (random, the title just reminded me of that though i think it was sight beyond sight with the stupid sword thing lol) SNARF

Edited by Crusoe

I've heard through the grapevine there's going to be a Thundercats movie in the next 18 months, apparently they are casting for the lead roles at the moment! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I've heard through the grapevine there's going to be a Thundercats movie in the next 18 months, apparently they are casting for the lead roles at the moment! thundercat.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />
Edited by Crusoe

pmsl coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Toothache is horrendous. I've crap teeth too.

My worst pain was when a wisdom tooth root snapped, meaning the bare nerve was grating against the snapped root. At exam time too. Lovely that was.

Hope it gets sorted soon mate.

Well I've got the Dentist at 9.15 tomorrow so hopefully It'll be sorted, & ord from the docs is I've got to take care of my self big time as he reckons I've got stress induced stomach ulcers blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> No more spicy food for me for at least 2 months sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

max - hope u feel better soon mate! toothache is the worst pain ever. i had an absys twice under teeth that the fillings fell out of. cost me £130 to have a tooth taken out! two times!

oh, and i just bought one of the thundercats dvd box sets!

The doctor was pretty cool I explained about the whole tooth thing & asked if he could give me anything even to get me through one night & he's given me 3 boxes of 30 Co-dydromol 500mg painkillers.... Basically enough to knock out a herd of elephants! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Hows the dvd set? Was tempted to buy it & re-live my childhood too!

Dont tempt me! It was a screwdriver which lead to the smashed tooth last time ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

You can't just leave it there laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Tell all...

I had no money & was in major pain with one of my back teeth, the dentist had previously totally drilled the tooth out & put a major filling in it. The pain was getting unbearable & the only thing that seemed to provide relief was when the tooth was moved or had pressure applied to 'lift' it up, as I was fiddling around I noticed the filling was loose, God knows why but I grabbed the nearest thing to me (screwdriver) & gave it a good jab blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Needless to say it was a jab too far & the tooth shattered leaving the nerve exposed, so went to the bank got myself majorly overdrawn & got down the dentist quick time. After an 1/2 hour of trying the dentist couldnt remove the tooth & ends up shattering it down to the gumline which then means I have to get whisked off to a dental hospital for an op to get it out.

Turns out the tooth had fused on to my jaw bone so I had to have my gums cut open to remove the tooth, also turn out the dentist had put so much pressure on my jaw trying to remove the tooth he'd hairline fractured my jaw too!