1.4 16v (100bhp) Remaps.

Petrified

Could anyone who's had their 100bhp sport remapped let me know a couple of things? please smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

1. Which remap you have

2. Which engine you have ? (AUB/AFK) (and/or year)

3. Was it a custom remap or generic?

also if you know what sort of gains you had, and if you know which ECU you have would be handy smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Having my superchip removed tomorrow, what a load of sh!t, better fuel consumption but not a great deal of gains. Dont rate them at all.

Why are you removing it? has it made performance worse? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

the only other reason I can think of is that insurance would be cheaper without.

the only other reason I can think of is that insurance would be cheaper without.

having your car re-mapped will not affect your insurance!!!!!

If you don't tell them about it it won't, same as any modification

I have my sport remaped, done by AMD and my engine code is AUB and it was one of there standard maps smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

did you have it on the rolling road before and after?

Yes i did mate!

It was 112bhp before and 117bhp after smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

was that on the same rolling road?

on the same day?

and where too?

sorri, questions!

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I've been thinking about having mine don in the no to far future laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> but don't know who to use.

I've been recomended to Revo as I've been told they are the best for vws but im not sure.

I've been thinking about having mine don in the no to far future laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> but don't know who to use.

I've been recomended to Revo as I've been told they are the best for vws but im not sure.

i though revo only did the tdi's? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

i though revo only did the tdi's? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

revo do a code for the 1.4 100bhp

i checked with a few dealers as theres nothing on the website but stuff listed for the ibiza 1.4 100bhp.

they do codes for lots of cars that are not listed on the website.

it's also a lot cheaper something like £219 because you're not getting a huge power rise. I guess to stop people complaining that their car isn't any quicker.

Personaly i think Revo spend more money on advertising that on there products, dont rate them at all.

How can you say that when your havnt tried all the maps?

I have heard good things about custom code.

• 9 months later...

you never really can gain much in performance on small capacity n/a engines through a generic chip, best of getting a full custom remap once youve carried out mods and then go back for it remapping everytime you add an additional performance part on to your engine to make the most of it.

Revo do a code for the sport but it is limited to a few of them, mine could not be done as they could not read my ecu due to it being a '99 / '00. I run Revo on my Mk1 Golf with no problems and have lots of friends who run Revo on various cars with no problems too...

I might try an amd map though? dry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />