Opinion on intakes...Shiney or Matt black?

ArosaPD

I had an unfortunate accident several months ago when I collided with a steriod taking badger!! I have recently taken some photos, and would like some opinions on the air intakes (i.e Black or Chrome). I have made some additional changes this time when smoothing.

Before hitting Mr. Badger.

FrontClosenew1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

After hitting Mr. Badger.

damagebumper2sm.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

After re-smoothing (Bloody De Jar Voux!). But this time I have taken all join lines between upper and lower out and smoothed trim lines.

IMG_7295smudge2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Mark smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Definately black! The front looks smooth & subtle, & in silver they stick out like a pair of hard nips! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Definately black! The front looks smooth & subtle, & in silver they stick out like a pair of hard nips! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

LOL My thoughts too, cheers Max laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

yeah , paint them black , and on a side note , you going to E38 ??

Cheers OLW, I'm hopeing to, but work is a problem at the mo... mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Mark

i am the same , i have told them i needed it off but they have me down for working it , so i will phone in sick from one of the service stations on the way down laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

back on topic , what did you use to remove and fill where the bumpstrips were??

Like said above, your front end is smooth so black would be more subtle.

If you only had one with no fogs I would say polished though.

Still lovin' the smoothness.

S!

That has made my mind up, i'm defo going to paint the bits in between the lower grilles. Sleeky has a silver arosa too and he hasn't painted them - looks cool but i think i'd prefer the more agressive look like yours. cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

For me black intakes all the way, the polished ones do stand out a bit lol.

Cheers Guys, black it shall be then ArosabumperDremelsmall.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Arosabumper1small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

ArosaLHSFbumper2small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

What brand filler did you use? I'm looking at doing something with my bumpers but was going to plastic weld but that stuff looks bl**dy good!

Edited by Max69vk

Well the general opinion was for matt black, so I painted them this morning and am much happier now. What ya' reckon??

Mattblackintakessmall.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Mark smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well the general opinion was for matt black, so I painted them this morning and am much happier now. What ya' reckon??

Mattblackintakessmall.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Nah, you should've left them polished!

roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

Just kidding. Looks way cool!

S!

What brand filler did you use? I'm looking at doing something with my bumpers but was going to plastic weld but that stuff looks bl**dy good!

Cheers guys, and thanks for the comments. Max I used u-pol super six??, it's a flexible filler designed specially for bumper repairs, etc. To take the blend line out I have filled higher and lower than is in the photo. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by ArosaPD

Got any more pics of the car from a bit further away? I just want to see how it looks overall with the smooth front & rear end.