Glens lupo

scoobydoo

just thought id take some pics off my phone. heres my car so far.

mycar8aa.png border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

mecar5bn.png border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

bmc.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

big8sv.png border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

corrosion after using alloy wheel cleaner.

corrosion.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

problem solved after creating very sore arm

aftercorrosion.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

hope u like it.

next up grille which is currently being used as a door stop in my room.

Edited by scoobydoo

Small pics but looks sweet from what i can see! cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

That's a really nice colour too. The Meguires wheel cleaner i've got is supposed to be ok for polished rims but i've never dared try it yet!

just sorted out the pic sizes. i used some spray stuff. think it was turtle wax. it was ok for a while but then i thought the wheels were just dirty so i cleaned the car and they looked the same. i nearly cried. lol. bought some autosol i think its called and an hours work got them back to gleaming perfection.

the reason i used the cleaner is caus there is real bad break dust baked onto them form the previous owner. cant get it off.

Rad! Love it dude, i'm really convinced on the small front mudflaps as i dont want chipped lower doors, those wheels really do make the Lupo a really good looking car. Definately convinced on the lack of side rubbing strips, theyre coming off mine asap, dont need em as park in a big drive and always carefully consider where i leave my car. question: have you lowered it?

its lowered 60mm on GMAX dampers and springs.

def get rid of the sidestripes. its suprising the difference when u take them off.

ill post pics of before and after lowerin soon.

the dishes r comin off in the new year anyway i think. gonna get some larger ones. but its stil better they look good while there spendin time on the car. im pleased with it so far. just a few more majorish mods to do and it'll b done.

• 4 months later...

bought new bolts and 1.5 inch outer dishes for the back wheels.

nice and shiny new rim

sideview5wf.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

rearview8jd.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

frontview4ak.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

think i may run those wheels up front and get 2 inch dishes for the rear. not to sure yet.

next up fix rear wheel caus it buckled

and

get new mirror caus my mum broke one

and

get new shiny front dishes

and

get bonnet smoothed and and painted for my grille which ive had for bout a year.

cheers

Glen

cheers for the comments

they r now 7.5 et 20

and yeah i did it myself. easy enough really if u tske ur time.

didnt paint the centres caus i didnt no what colour to do them and i like the silver against the blue car.

cheers folks

Glen

@ nfbr - not so far but my car isnt as low as some peeps on here. might rub if i go for 2 inch dish on the rear

@taz - i no mate looks so stupid at the minute. wanted to get two wheels done first so i could c what they'd b like on the front (how much head scratching is involved).

they'll stick out 1mm more so will b fine.

if i put eights on mine they will b et14. starts to get scary from there.

Edited by scoobydoo

I reckon that 8" would have to be about et32 or 33 to stick out the same as some 7.5" et20's

8" with an et25 would stick out about 8mm more.

Correct me if need be,

Is it measured in mm's or otherwise?? Im going by MM's

Taz

Edited by oldirtybastard

i just did it using the offset calculator. it says 1mm more outside and 11mm closer to strut.

with et14 on an 8 says it will sit out 12mm more than my 7.5. doesnt sound to scary. think i'll get them ordered up now.

Edited by scoobydoo

prob need a bit of arch work but i think thats what chris260 is running. i will b running the 7.5's on the front with 8's on the back.