Bargain GTI

stig247

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd be tempted if i had any money at the moment. i want that engine and gearbox!!

going to be phoning them first thing tommorrow to arange any details they need from me as i know its like 2 form of id.. just really need to wait and see how the auction goes...

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

chassis leg was probably hit straight but the bumper reinforcement panel probably took the force then bent the chassis leg inwards. Bit like what happend to mine. should be a fairly cheap repair as no airbags have gone.

Before bidding I would definitely want to have a good look. The chassis leg, instead of crumling as it's supposed to has moved across. That's the main issue, other than that I would be poised over the "submit bid" button. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

theres currently seven of us hovering over this page laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

id have it if the legs werent gone, that pic reminds me of a mates nova where it was hit from the side and the whole front end had moved over surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" />

main person for it here is blackrat, hes done it before smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> go for it

wayne

Its not been hit head on.

Thats why its not crumpled.

Still at £900, wish Emma would say yes.

Yup exactly. But without seeing it you can't tell if you've got any movement further up the leg past the end section which you can easily replace.

Edited by penry

i've spoken to them and sent off my details (2 forms of identification) and hopefully ill be setup to bid this afternoon...

now keep yer hands off and stop putting up the price laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

why would you want to strip such a nice car would be worth much more once repaired properly

if its repairable ill repair it and probably keep it, if its beyond any kind of repair then itll be going for spares..

thats if i win it

well personally if i was bidding on it and won then i'd strip it and keep the engine and gearbox for myself, then sell everything else. even if you won it for 2k and took the engine and box from it, i bet you could still strip it and sell everything else and still make your money back.

I have been to look at it today its not as bad as the pics make it out to be

i have bidded on it and hopefully it wont go for too much if i manage to get it im going to have a gti engine and box for sale which has been welded up to a very good standard

only problem is theres no xenons sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

whats a good limit to go to for this ??

Cheers

I would think £1500 would still make it a bargin, even if it costs £2000 to put right (id be very supprised if it cost anywhere near that)

I think theres a grands worth of parts, plus labour and paint.

Remember if you cant find two working xenons, your looking over a thousand pounds from the dealer if the controlers were damaged/missing.

How much do you want for your engine and box?

I have been to look at it today its not as bad as the pics make it out to be

i have bidded on it and hopefully it wont go for too much if i manage to get it im going to have a gti engine and box for sale which has been welded up to a very good standard

only problem is theres no xenons sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

whats a good limit to go to for this ??

Cheers

dammm yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

i know when i rang sealers a while since to price sum xenons up i just laughed at them (good job he knew me) but i suppose i have a slight advantage im in the motor trade and get most bits cheap and my dads a painter as well so that should save a few pennies

just hope it doesnt go for stupid money it has bent the leg but i also have a jig as well if it did require that

if all else fails i might be willing to brake , also the old engine and box ecu etc if i do sell i am willing to listen to offers

Cheers

i know when i rang sealers a while since to price sum xenons up i just laughed at them (good job he knew me) but i suppose i have a slight advantage im in the motor trade and get most bits cheap and my dads a painter as well so that should save a few pennies

just hope it doesnt go for stupid money it has bent the leg but i also have a jig as well if it did require that

if all else fails i might be willing to brake , also the old engine and box ecu etc if i do sell i am willing to listen to offers

Cheers

well at 2k nearly think thats me out angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />