Turbo'd Arosa!

Ramirez

This Arosa is owned by a guy named Matt and is being put together by himself and family!

Unfortunately I dont know alot about the spec, other than its based on Superlupos old 16v sport engine that was RR'd iirc @ 116bhp before the turbo. But I'm sure "Superlupo" will be able to help with any questions. Its being put together in time for some shows this year.

I *think* this will be the most powerful Arosa in the UK!

Photo-0082.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Photo-0081.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Picture sizes are small due to them being taken on a camera phone.

Edited by Adam-B

MASSIVE RESPECT! i wana see the figures and spec of this little beauty! if the price is ok i myself shall be building one of these babies! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Hey guys I aint been on here in ages, I've been goin on at my man since I had my arosa about doin a turbo conversion so I'd love to no how this one goes!!

Done by themselves to keep costs down (apparently their abit useful with tools). Dont know how much the parts cost but will find out.

Should go like stink!

Nice to see it being done to an arosa for a change and somebody doing it themselves instead of a chequebook build is even more interesting to me smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> so its a 1.4 16v arosa/lupo sport engine? used as a base and then tuned by superlupo to produce 116 and they have now added a turbo to this? is there any more pics of the car and conversion preferably bigger?

thanks

Hey guys I aint been on here in ages, I've been goin on at my man since I had my arosa about doin a turbo conversion so I'd love to no how this one goes!!
out of interest which 1.4 engine do you have the sport or the 8v?

wayne

Nice to see it being done to an arosa for a change and somebody doing it themselves instead of a chequebook build is even more interesting to me smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> so its a 1.4 16v arosa/lupo sport engine? used as a base and then tuned by superlupo to produce 116 and they have now added a turbo to this? is there any more pics of the car and conversion preferably bigger?

thanks

out of interest which 1.4 engine do you have the sport or the 8v?

wayne

Yes its a Lupo 16v, I don't think Superlupo did much to it actually! He was lucky, like fyggy with her 140bhp standard GTi!

But yes they bolted up the turbo to this.

Sorry no more pictures yet, will sort a load out when I see it.

If you want to turbo a 1.4 8v theres already an off the shelf kit avalible.

hmmm this will be a treat, its great to see so many engines being tuned in differnt ways like tigz's throttle boddies and super lupos charger as apposed to engine conversions, there are going to be some very fast lupos/arosas about soon and i cant wait.

There is an off the shelf kit for the 16v engine too, to get it up to 165bhp.

Look under conversions > turbos > kits

The only concern is reliability, how much extra power can the 1.4 bottom end and gear box take.

seen this kit before but theres no uprated internals supplied so thats that to consider aswell, mite dump a tank of noz in mine just for the crack and the extra 40bhp i could have BIGTurboMotor.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

hmmm this will be a treat, its great to see so many engines being tuned in differnt ways like tigz's throttle boddies and super lupos charger as apposed to engine conversions, there are going to be some very fast lupos/arosas about soon and i cant wait.

Rather than sell your car you should (red must) put a Mk4 golf 150 TDi in yours!

There is an off the shelf kit for the 16v engine too, to get it up to 165bhp.

Look under conversions > turbos > kits

The only concern is reliability, how much extra power can the 1.4 bottom end and gear box take.

The 16v gets 145 its the 8v (strangly) that gets 165! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

On an 8v Arosa the bottom end and gear box should take it as the engines been around for millenia!

I'd be much more worried about the pistons and valves.

putting the pd 150 in to mine has been a consideration for a long time, if i came across a cheap enough engine then it would probably happen, but with mortgages and stuff i find my self short of cash these days so i would have to do the conversion my self which mean you probably wouldn't see the car again till 2056 lol

WICKED! loving the jap style exhuast

/\ roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />/\

You cant expect an N/A engine to cope with a turbo without some strengthening.

As Arvid said, be prepared!

Edited by Adam-B

ok... iwas watchin them map this the other nite.. my god does it sound good!!! ko3 turbo external wastegate with the waste gate pipe pointing straight to the floor!!! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

it'srunnin 1bar boost, the pistons have been flat topped to lower the compression it's on emerald management, staight threw zorst no cats,nissan pulsar intercooler, oil cooler loadsa sh*t.

j (who is building it) said to me if your runnin a bar then im gonna run one too!!! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> crazy. they got some lairy as f*k dr Schrik cams from the original engine to go in too. he's lookin for 200 brake and he is just the sort of person to get it too.

should be at spring festival at the pod. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by ...superlupo...

mite dump a tank of noz in mine

AHAHAH NOZ!!!!!

last time i heard that word was when i was talking to a scrotey max power type customer at work lmao

Edited by nfbr

Yes its a Lupo 16v, I don't think Superlupo did much to it actually! He was lucky, like fyggy with her 140bhp standard GTi!

But yes they bolted up the turbo to this.

If you want to turbo a 1.4 8v theres already an off the shelf kit avalible.

really got any details? very interested in this biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
mite dump a tank of noz in mine just for the crack and the extra 40bhp i could have tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
i was told not to bother with nos when i was thinking off it for my last car as it ends up costing alot of money to use the power at £50 for about 2 minutes ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />
Rather than sell your car you should (red must) put a Mk4 golf 150 TDi in yours!

The 16v gets 145 its the 8v (strangly) that gets 165! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

On an 8v Arosa the bottom end and gear box should take it as the engines been around for millenia!

I'd be much more worried about the pistons and valves.

agree you should keep the car carter and do some more work on it, there isnt another mk2 in the ik like it shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

and adam just out of interest how can you get more out of an 8v than 16v as the 16v runs 15bhp extra as standard? still very interested in this one please put up details smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wayne

really got any details? very interested in this biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Gav already posted the link, here: Look under conversions > turbos > kits. Where it says Arosa '98> Their referring to the 8v.

i was told not to bother with nos when i was thinking off it for my last car as it ends up costing alot of money to use the power at £50 for about 2 minutes ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Although you only get a couple of minutes, you can actually only use NO2 for a few seconds at a time other wise your engine would detonate, not really useful for day to day driving.

and adam just out of interest how can you get more out of an 8v than 16v as the 16v runs 15bhp extra as standard? still very interested in this one please put up details smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No idea, but would hazzard a guess that because the engines been around for so long and is simpler to work on than the 16v, gains are easier.

Nice to think an 1.4 8v could wipe the floor with a GTi!

Edited by Adam-B

agree you should keep the car carter and do some more work on it, there isnt another mk2 in the ik like it shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

wayne

it wasnt a serious remark about dumpin nos in the motor hence the tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> teehee although ive seen a ford puma with 3 tanks in it lol laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

you can actually only use NO2 for a few seconds at a time other wise your engine would detonate, not really useful for day to day driving.

Thats not true.

The only time the engine can/will be damaged is when the engine starts to run lean.

So long as the engine is running correctly you could run on Notros Oxide all day.

Well, till your bottle run out wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thats not true.

The only time the engine can/will be damaged is when the engine starts to run lean.

So long as the engine is running correctly you could run on Notros Oxide all day.

Well, till your bottle run out wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Surely, if you were to pump No2 in to the engine there'd be to much oxygen for the sandard injectors to cope with for more than a couple of seconds as that much oxygen would lean out the mixture?