house proud

big_chris1981

as a few of you may know (not that your likely to care)

sally and i bought somewhere to live while at uni, rather than throw money down the bottomless pit that is renting student digs.

we bought a shitter that needed delousing, and had to have 36 dead pigeons removed from the balcony.....i kid you not.

well, now 3 years later as we are almost ready to sell, we finally got floor coverings (been walking on cracked council circa 1960's lino since we through out the infested carpets that were here).

and here are some bad pics....not bad for a student house/ first time fixer upper.....

Dscf0058.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Dscf0057.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

50876e5e.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, I'm sooo jealous!

Looks a very nice job you've done, wood floors look top and I like the lavatory reading material laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

If I had the opportunity I would have loved to move away but I couldn't as all the courses were London based.

Have you had it valued yet? And what happened to the pigeons lol?

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

the "wood" is lino brand vinyl cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

not had a value yet, but we bought it 3 years ago, it was on the market for £150k

we paid £82k

id imagine that if we put it back on in this condition, with new toilet/bathroom/kitchen, and new floor coverings, we could get £150k-£175k for it.

tis a 3 bedroom ex council flat on the top floor end....so nice and quiet.

pigeons went away with environmental health officers!

Looks pretty damn sweet for a student gaff!!!

Needs some plinth on the bottom of the kitchen units though, it's only cheap and will make it look loads better.

Spot the Unit 21 car too! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Looks pretty good, but when you come to put it on the market get someone to take decent pictures. DSCF6786.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by AndyW

They're B&Q kitchen cabinets... I can see that much! They've got the usual plastic adjustable legs. Plus I've just filled the kitchen in my "project" with them smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Nice work!

kitchens not finished because ive been busy doing coursework....

more pictures coming....

i love that unit 21 golf...possibly my favourite mk2 golf ever.

You seen it for real? First time i saw it was just parked up at the cinema proper phat lol! cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I just finished the interior on the place i'm doing up so i feel for you having to do coursework at the same time!

the "wood" is lino brand vinyl cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

not had a value yet, but we bought it 3 years ago, it was on the market for £150k

we paid £82k

id imagine that if we put it back on in this condition, with new toilet/bathroom/kitchen, and new floor coverings, we could get £150k-£175k for it.

tis a 3 bedroom ex council flat on the top floor end....so nice and quiet.

pigeons went away with environmental health officers!

Without trying to pry, how did you afford £82k as a student, even if there are two of you? I can barely keep up with £13k on the car!

'Wood' still looks top! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

1ab96cca.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

c314eb8f.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

fb6d8a84.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

ed375cf8.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

0662bc3d.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

a7f3bab0.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

6a5a79f3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

104435b6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

180b3da9.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

9066746c.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

8f840537.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

0d6d55a1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

15a3cf16.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

nicki, cover your ears!!!

my folks needed to relocate some money that was left over from a business they owned, that got robbed and then forced into bankrupcy by someone who was working for them....liquidation, cash hidden in shoeboxes....long story.

we pay the mortgage.....givce them back their cash at the end, all nicely cleaned...and we get to keep the profit.

fitted new toilet/bathroom kitchen is almost done.

and 3 of us spent yesterday doing carpets and vinyl.

Edited by big_chris1981

wired them in myself!

theyre an ikea bargain think theyre about £30 a set....bend them to your own shapes....

the flat is full of ikea stuff!

think the most expensive items were the DFS corner sofa, the german mini cast aluminium bath, and the zanuzzi cooker...everything else was either ikea, skip raided or cheap!

i also did all the carpentry for the doors....except for the front door.

busy little bee that i am biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

the flat is full of ikea stuff!

You've never guess. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> We have a lot of the same stuff, matey, good cheap stuff, can't fault it. We also have that bed in birch, except at the moment its in the UK in bits, never found the time to get it down here, and now theres no point!

How much was that corner sofa out of interest, like that. Looks like it marks easily though. Jesus, listen to me. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ikea will need to sell walking sticks soon for you two wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

They do sell all sorts of other handy stuff so one day they might. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Will have to buy sofas when we come back to the UK as the one we have now is a sofa bed one and not that comfy, plus its going in the spare room anyway. Like the idea of a corner sofa, but they seem pretty expensive compared to just buying to seperate ones!

because of the angle of the stairs we couldnt have 2 spereate ones....only got this cos it fit tbh...but it is uber comfy.

im not even 25 al you cheeky ******!

not yet anyway....

Mmmmm I hit the big 2-5 later this year. Looking forward to it?