You know you're getting old when...

Nicki

the guy behind the Lancome counter in Debenhams recommends you buy an anti-aging moisturiser... sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy behind the Lancome counter in Debenhams recommends you buy an anti-aging moisturiser... sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> you know you're getting old when you take makeup advice from a guy

He was the only one on the Lancome counter...

He was far more helpful than the women in there usually are though!!!

Lee - unfortunately not, I took his advice... sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

maye it was a crap chat up line and you didn't stick around to hear the end? tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

"can i intrest you in some anti aging cream madam.......because if i was your other half i would never want you to lose that young radiant face of yours.........." smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

on the other hand aren't guy who work on them things gay confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

on the other hand aren't guy who work on them things gay confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

That's a shocking stereotype... it's like saying air stewards are gay or something laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> all a big con to get you bought into buying those anti-ageing creams (hundreds of pounds for some of those tiny tubs i believe) Society is completely focused on looking young at the moment, can't last IMO.

That's a shocking stereotype... it's like saying air stewards are gay or something laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

just wondering what self respecting male would work behind a make up counter?!

Oh he was quite obviously gay.

I would even go as far as saying he probably did a bit of drag work too...

lol oooh er missus

probably a great way of meeting women if you were straight lol, could you stand the smell though lol, bad enough if you just have to walk through that department to get to the electronics or menswear biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

probably a great way of meeting women if you were straight lol, could you stand the smell though lol, bad enough if you just have to walk through that department to get to the electronics or menswear biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

wouldn't you go mad from women being oh so decisive, and yes the smell would do my head in! Also would be quite sad to get a job purely to meet women, would have to be desperate!

Even walking through those departments makes me feel queezy - not sure if it's all the perfume chemicals in the air, or all the fake, plasticky looking people working there.

I agree, this anti aging stuff is a joke - live cleanly & you'd be better off.

drink more water and it will probably has the same effect smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

same effect as getting old??

would mean she would need a piss bag! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

same effect as getting old??

would mean she would need a piss bag! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

yeah i reckon plenty of water and fruit and a good nights sleep will do a better job tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Don't worry Nic - the sooner you start using anti-aging products the better. My mum has always used anti-aging moisturisers and her skin is gorgeous (she's 55) - use under eye cream too, and always stroke your moisturisers in upward strokes.

Sure he could have been more diplomatic in his approach though - would have had something to say if it had been me!!

I've been using a clinique eye cream for years anyways, but I decided that I needed a new every day moisturiser.

As for healthy lifestyle - I drink lots of water, I eat lots of fruit & some veg (bit fussy on my veggies) and I try to get 8 hours of sleep each night!

prob just caught you on bad day....

@ crusoe : you wouldnt be able to control yourself behind one of those counters with all the ladies..... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

@ vix : so u started using them already????? bleh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bleh:" border="0" alt="bleh.gif" />

@ crusoe : you wouldnt be able to control yourself behind one of those counters with all the ladies..... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
we have a private massage area in the back if you'l like to try our new line of body creams
rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

He did rephrase his recommendation later on - he pointed out that prevention is better than cure.

Still a bad sign that I need to start thinking about preventing the signs of getting old though...

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Dont be silly! Everyone gets old. Well, the lucky ones at least smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I honestly don't understand what the panic so many people have is about, it is only a number - your lifestyle defines how healthy you are.

Personally:

I like old birds... they're more grateful (*for the attention)!!!

roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" /> roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" /> roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

*Edited 'cause a slap in the lug hurts! wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Edited by Silver!