Gibbeths Fantasia 1.4s

Gibbeth!

Hiya all,

Been wathcing here for quite a while now, and now ive got round to getting a car, and its all down to this forum!

Im the new owner of Pimpy's 1.4s Fantasia Green Lupo This one!

So as i said, im a wanabee no more, jus need a nice pink license, should be around easter all going well and ill have the freedom of my newly aquired loop!

Car needs a wash, and its slightly (read pitch black) outside, so ill post some new pics in its new residence when its spick and span!

(any admin that can delete a profile, Jus a wanabee can go, sorry about this, but i didnt feel apt for a owner!)

Andrew

Edited by Gibbeth!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome, My girlfriend was looking to buy that car, its a beuity!

She went out a brought a yello rosa instead!

When did you collect it? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Didnt collect it, Lee brought it over from consett to cumbria, think he was desperate for the money to pick up his pug!

Certainly is a nice car, the only thing i dont like is where the airbags have gone off, and the passengers side dash is glued and looks untidy, unfortunately VW are chaging 410 notes +VAT for a complete new dash, have to see how much an arosa dash is! Other than that theres a tiny knock on the air pillar where the wings been pushed back in the accident, and the centre of the steering wheel is lose, but unless you were looking for them, you woullnt notice!

Unfortunatly, looks like the wheels will be going, and reverting back to either standard alloys or steelies! Being male, 17, and only having a provisional, insurance companys are taking me from behind with a large pole, so modding its just extracting the micheal! An increse from 1300 to 1900 when I mentioned alloys!

Didnt collect it, Lee brought it over from consett to cumbria, think he was desperate for the money to pick up his pug!

Certainly is a nice car, the only thing i dont like is where the airbags have gone off, and the passengers side dash is glued and looks untidy, unfortunately VW are chaging 410 notes +VAT for a complete new dash, have to see how much an arosa dash is! Other than that theres a tiny knock on the air pillar where the wings been pushed back in the accident, and the centre of the steering wheel is lose, but unless you were looking for them, you woullnt notice!

Unfortunatly, looks like the wheels will be going, and reverting back to either standard alloys or steelies! Being male, 17, and only having a provisional, insurance companys are taking me from behind with a large pole, so modding its just extracting the micheal! An increse from 1300 to 1900 when I mentioned alloys!

Try and find a scrap lupo and remove the dash from that! Dont go to VW!

Is the steering wheel air bag damaged because you dont want to risk driving it with faulty airbags, if you can find a rear ended lup your laughing smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Bad luck on the insurance mate, yet again find a smashed lup and have the wheels off that smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

you'll still have to declare all the body kit it looks like it got and stuff... and it wont be that bad - my arosa with mods was just over a grand for a year smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Look around for a set of MK1/2 Golf GTi steelies... Think they would look nice in silver with the black hub caps on your motor.

Maybe a bit pricey though.

Silly question, but have you shopped around for insurance quotes? I was p*ssed when Direct Line added £29 for my 14" BBS wheels. I didn't even say they were BBS, just standard VW alloys.

S!

Just found these on ebay... I think they would look sweet .

I notice the seller says local pick up only, but you could ask if you can arrange a courier.

I used ::: www.sameday-delivery.co.uk ::: to pick up my 14" BBS with tyres.

total price for delivery based on approx package size of 23x12x23 (inch) on <25K each item

was £33.49 incl.

Edited by Silver!

Those steelies do look absolutely mint, but at 140 quid, plus tyres, ill be better of just paying the extra insurance! I shopped around for insurance for about a fortnight, looking on thw web and on the fone, and nobody else would come below 1600 quid-ish, and barclays charged 1330 so i was over the moon really! but with nothing much left, looks like ill be keeping the car runnning and learning to drive, so nothing much is gona change with the car! Athough the bumpstrips are off!

Thought you probably had shopped around, but wouldn't be my first time for not doing the obvious!

You could swap your tyres onto the steelies, and sell your Fox's to pay for the wheels!

Alternatively join all the VAG/GTi forums and seek a second hand set.

S!

Those steelies do look absolutely mint, but at 140 quid, plus tyres, ill be better of just paying the extra insurance! I shopped around for insurance for about a fortnight, looking on thw web and on the fone, and nobody else would come below 1600 quid-ish, and barclays charged 1330 so i was over the moon really! but with nothing much left, looks like ill be keeping the car runnning and learning to drive, so nothing much is gona change with the car! Athough the bumpstrips are off!

I'm with www.cis.co.uk and they don't charge extra for styling mods wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm with www.cis.co.uk and they don't charge extra for styling mods wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
also alot of companys are known for charging a price for a modified car but give a standard car price when a payout is quoted

Barclays are good and that seems a very reasonable price

Edited by The subtle modder

Cheers silver! The polo ones look good, fiver with 26 hours left..... think theyll go up slightly yet tho tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> but ill keep an eye on them, anyone any ideas on cost of posting 4 steelies and tyres from Welwyn to cumbria, or anywhere i can get a quote?

...I used ::: www.sameday-delivery.co.uk ::: to pick up my 14" BBS with tyres.

total price for delivery based on approx package size of 4 times 23x12x23 (inch) on <25K each item

was £33.49 incl.

Can't imagine you'd be any dearer as I lifted all four alloys + tyres fairly easily into shed. So probably don't way 100kg in total. BIG GUESTIMATE!!!

There are centre on eBay. you just have to search.

S!

congrats on the car think its a lovely looker wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> enjoying lupo ownership?!?! hehe

Jen x

Loving it too bits! as soon as everythings sorted (jus a gud tidy n wash really) ill psot some pics! The only thing i dont like is this green card in my wallet! Needs to be pink! So taking it out every chance i get wid anyone who'll sit in with me really! Got the rubstrips off and goin to sort ouot a cd-player this week (alpine i think) as the one that was in the car was a kenwood from back in the day - apparently my mam bought her fist car with the same radio in, and that was a MkII Astra!

• 1 year later...

Loooooooonnnnnngggggg time since anything went into this thread, and there isn't much to say or show.

Today the lupo went to the body shop, while I have an operation which makes me unable to drive for 3 month. So it will be all freshened up by march/april time to show off.

No huge plans, other than a severe tidying up, debagded grille and bonnet filled, and boot handle removed. Once its back there are more plans, but ill update when things happen!