Front bumper

jthedriva

Thats a suttle change but rearly good mate, are you going to smooth it out?

I'm going to get a body shop to smooth the front bumper totally and on the rear smooth the lower section and get rid of the ribs, and make the number plate recess narrower (to have a number plate similar to the one on the front) and then respay it all nicely biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by jthedriva

it looks really good , but i would have see where the S badge used to be and then theres the second gap below that , that goes onto the bumper i would remove that

it looks really good , but i would have see where the S badge used to be and then theres the second gap below that , that goes onto the bumper i would remove that

Yeah im going to get the badge recess smoothed at the same thime (luckily you cant see it in the pic in the original pic). As for the other gap i think it would grown on me, and it would be a lot of hassle to remove anyway so think that will stay lol

Please dont put a square plate on it... Your not a member of max-power.com you know.

lol i've discussed this with people many times and i admit i do like it, but my main reason is that i want to go for a clean look but still be legal -german plates aren't legal, cant go without or put in my windscreen because that will get me pulled too easily. I could put a normal plate but mount it lower down but im not sure if it would block air-flow to the radiator and might look wrong confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> i'll try a photoshop soon and see hows it looks..

J i ment to fill the gap thats been circled

Yeah i know mate, i think it makes it a bit more agressive than lupo style and not as plain as if it was blocked and smoothed, just personal taste.... blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Edited by jthedriva

Some more different options -

original number plate position

carpark1smooth2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

original number plate shape, offset and lower

carpark1smooth8.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

original number plate offset but lower and attatched to the grille (barely legal)

carpark1smooth7.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

opinions?

Last one!

Only thing I would say is dont get the bodyshop to blend the lower section into the top section as it will probally just end up cracking, get that sprayed up, smoot the ribs and plate reccess wack the plate over the mesh, job done biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If your worried about the view of the palte being blocked you could mount it on the middle of the bottom of the bumper?

Lee.

Last one!

Only thing I would say is dont get the bodyshop to blend the lower section into the top section as it will probally just end up cracking, get that sprayed up, smoot the ribs and plate reccess wack the plate over the mesh, job done biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If your worried about the view of the palte being blocked you could mount it on the middle of the bottom of the bumper?

Lee.

so you mean get the whole bottom section sprayed black but dont get them to smooth it? just smooth things on the top part (i.e. ribs and number plate recess)? I will try a photoshop with the number plate mounted on the bottom middle of the bumper when i get back to uni later this week... Cheers for the opinion Lee wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

what does anyone else think?

Less talk more action tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

lol I know what you mean mate, need them bumpers off you but need to find out when either i can get down there or a mate is gonna be near by tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Does no one like the offset number plate idea then (all be a normal shaped number plate)?

lol I know what you mean mate, need them bumpers off you but need to find out when either i can get down there or a mate is gonna be near by tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Does no one like the offset number plate idea then (all be a normal shaped number plate)?

You have PM.

Not a fan of offset plates if Im honest, looks a bit Rice to me, but its your car and your choice.

get the ribs smoothed out, but leave the plate recess, as lets face it - we have to have plates at the front legally, and might as well leave it where intended imho smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> as said, it looks a bit barryboy ish anywhere else...

Please dont put a square plate on it... Your not a member of max-power.com you know.

It's to allow air flow into his intercooler.

Just kidding wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Regarding blending the two bumpers together, it probably would crack. My mate smoothed the bumpers in on his Corsa and after a tiny touch in a car park it was knackered. Good luck.

get the ribs smoothed out, but leave the plate recess, as lets face it - we have to have plates at the front legally, and might as well leave it where intended imho smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> as said, it looks a bit barryboy ish anywhere else...

just looking for a different look, dont like to comply with what others think it should look like tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Regarding blending the two bumpers together, it probably would crack. My mate smoothed the bumpers in on his Corsa and after a tiny touch in a car park it was knackered. Good luck.

Yeah think i may just get them sprayed and not blended together, still looks as good in my opinion...

a well smoothed together bumper will not crack when in normal use and would only crack in a crash etc same as the standard bumpers can crack so its no different

whereas a chaply smoothed together bumper which is just smoothed join with filler will almost certainly crack within a few months so time and patience equals a good job

wayne

• 3 weeks later...
a well smoothed together bumper will not crack when in normal use and would only crack in a crash etc same as the standard bumpers can crack so its no different

whereas a chaply smoothed together bumper which is just smoothed join with filler will almost certainly crack within a few months so time and patience equals a good job

wayne

wayne is yours smoothed together?