how can things go so wrong?

big_chris1981

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, went to see this evening....theyve "fixed" the wing...using body filler...theyre now slightly unhappy after i told them very calmly that they shouldnt have bothered as theyre gonna be taking it off to fit a new one.

the bodyshop manager seems slightly concerened that i know what im talking about, and am not just letting him do what he wants.....im demanding they do what i want!

good on ya mate make them spend as much time and money on it as possible that will teach em a lesson youve just got to stick to your guns, if it aint repaired right refuse it no matter how good the spec or your just conning yourself as they couldnt really give a toss as theyve already sold you the car

have had an offer from a family friend who owns the only porsche approved bodyshop in the uk...he says if i can get the car back plus whatever parts i need, he will make sure its done properly.

gonn have a look on monday, if theyve made a balls up, which i suspect they have i shall be asking for the car back, all the relevant parts, and a £1000 refund to cover the cost of the repairs and my inconvenience.

im just getting more and more grumpy and disilusioned.....last time i buy from a car dealer in the uk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like a nightmare mate, well done for sticking up for what you want!

Remember that if you'd bought it privately and had problems like this though, you'd have had little or no recourse - at least when you buy from a dealer they are legally obliged to sort things out or give you a refund.

snoop does have a point though, i could never back it to a priavte seller.....thats the one advantage i have.

off to have a chat and a look now....just spoken to the bodyshop guy, and on the opside, he thinks that all the salesmen are tosserrs as well.

bonus

So what have they done?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what chris has posted it sounds like they've just fillered and tried to push the dent out instead of replacing the wing like he wanted.

Right, firstly, don't get angry with customer care, there's no point, and at this point, if you do want that car sorted they are probably your best hope of getting anything out of them, since being reasonable is failing.

I'd have walked a lot earlier this, but you seemed to want this car badly, and to give up now I think would be pointless, you've wasted a fair bit of time, why not see it through. However ONLY if they do the repairs to your satisfaction.

What EXACTLY is the state of the damaged areas now? And what EXACTLY did you get in writing when they agreed to solve said damage?

What did CS just say to you on the phone? My advice, ring them back (or wait for them to call back if thats what they said), apologise for being aggressive, but say that you thought this would be sorted by now, and that you got emotional as you just want the car repaired, and thats its a simple job and the garage are not co-operating as they should.

Where exactly do you stand now? And how much of a record have you kept of your dealings. Please say you did keep some record. Seeing as you've gone so far with this, I would now be inclined not to walk, and to make sure they pull they're finger out and finish the work to the standard they should.

my preference wa for the car returned with the parts i need, and a £1000 refund and that i would get it done myself.

they didnt even hamer out the panel, theyve just filled the wing.

i dont want them touching it anymore...its been violated by incompetent idiots.

already got proper angry when she admitted that they don not check on the quality of dealers workmanship...that its down to dealers to self assess.

If you get nowhere fast down the route you're taking, it might actually be worth looking at the cost of getting it done elsewhere anyway. Considering the extras you'll be getting if you take the car, it may be the sensible option.

Only thing being it won't give you the satisfaction of either walking away or making them get it right.

I can't beleive how stupid they're being - an aluminium wing with several kilos of filler in it defeats the object really.

yep, the exact words were "like it or lump it?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What exactly did you get in writing a couple of weeks ago? What did they promise, and what have customer services said, the latest that is.

What have Customer services said about your request? I'm with john I think, getting the parts and costs is looking like a good option.