Crusoe's little monster

Crusoe

With that much rubber and that little power even you should have a job crashing it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Looks nice thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys, i'll get some interior pics tonight, need to put some waterproofing on the softtop too before the seagulls start their target practice.

Love it, so jealous...

please, please, please PLEASE! don't bin that!

Almost tempted to go past and look at the Brabus in Aberdeen Smart this weekend now.

Does the Brabus work stiffen up the rear suspension? I've always noticed the back end of the original smart dipping under initial acceleration and gear changes, and was disappointed to see the roadster doing the same. Am hoping Brabus gripped that

yes, all new brabus sports suspension over the standard setup, makes it a bit skippy at the back over bumpy corners but otherwise very well tied down. I can confirm some nice oversteeer and wagging of the tail in the wet too, surprising considering the amount of rubber but probably more down to the light weight and turbo torque. It won't do donuts though as it stops you holding onto 1st gear and changes up when you hit the limiter, will have to wait for some snow and ice smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I gather it hasn't still got traction control then??!!

I gather it hasn't still got traction control then??!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

traction and stability control which works on the brakes as well as the throttle and seems quite complicated, you can switch it off though shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Is the switching off part of the Brabus work again? I don't know too much about the roadster in standard form - just the original Smart, so I don't know if that's a change they've mad themselves, or all part of the Brabus thing.

not sure but it looks like a standard button, not sure if it goes off completely or hids out to help out if things get very out of shape though even with it off. Will have to flick through the manual at the weekend.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/taitalan-brabus.3gp.jpg

If you right click save target as on this file link above and then take the .jpg tag off the end to leave it as a 3gp file you should be able to open up a quick video i took on my phone, opens with quicktime. Mike on the phone isn't that great but it give you an idea of the noise smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edit: Can be downloaded here without having to do that: http://www.snoopy.me.uk/taitalan-brabus.3gp - Snoopstah

when u save it, you have to put ''.3gp'' on the end, even though it allready says that.

so it will read ''.3gp.3gp''

sounds great crusoe!! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by payna

you could have converted it bedfore hand you lazy tree hugger tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nah, just too tight to buy the full uplead version so it only lets you post jpegs biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

larger 20meg external clip here http://rapidshare.de/files/3542867/Brabus_Clip.avi.html

or http://www.snoopy.me.uk/lupo/Brabus_Clip.avi - Snoopstah

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

was at the lights with a nsx last night, everyone looked at him when we pulled away then they realised it was mine making all the noise biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> got a thumbs up before he planted it in second and left me for dead shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Edited by snoopstah

Ah thats better wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Downloading as we speak....

That sounds ace!

Cant belive how beefy it sounds, such a diffrence over the stock roadster.

Still think £18k is over the top though wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by Tigz

yeah, had to let my neighbour see the engine as he didn't believe it was less than 2lr because of the bass note of the exhaust when i start it up in the morning. Exclusivity has it's price though £18K is a lot more than i paid, can get the brabus sports exhaust and engine chip for the standard roadster for around £1000 which would probably make it sound the same.

Nice, enjoyed the vids, cheers.

Sounds very different to the standard Roadster/Coupe though, I still like the Brabus note, but it lacks the character of the standard car. Interesting, didn't expect it to be that different. Of course, it may just be the crappy recording, no way of telling.