Crusoe's little monster

Crusoe

taitalan-brabass.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

taitalan-brabboot.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

taitalan-brabsmart.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

taitalan-brabfront.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

taitalan-brabfrontb.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

taitalan-brabside.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

taitalan-wheel.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Crusoe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You found the engine yet?

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Looking great mate, thats the colour I always wanted.

Looks really fat, Im likeing that alot.

Try to keep this one straight will you.

only problem with the car is a small dink in the corner of one of the rear alloys (£1600 worth so you want them to be right) garage is going to get it sorted but easily done as the tyres at the rear are only 35 profile and the rims sit a bit proud.

Engine and interior pics to follow

report01-engine.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

about a hands length wide and would fit in a shoe box lol

Edited by Crusoe

other things I asked about at the garage - it doesn't come with any way to fix a puncture - no foam or spare though you can buy the smart repair kit for £100 lol, i'll pick up a can of spray foam form halfords thanks. No locking wheel nuts either though they are a strange 3 bolt design which probably doesn't fit anythign else, will be the first thing i buy for it though.

really nice - looks-wise not much (if not at all) a stepdown frpm the vx

thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />

standard for now, lots of tempting smart bits though.

i like the image at the moment, half don't know what it is up here and the others seem happy to see it. Been let in twice before i even thought about positioning myself to ask and people seem happy to stay behind it rather than need to race or overtake which is also a bit strange to what i'm used to.

really nice - looks-wise not much (if not at all) a stepdown frpm the vx

thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

seems to attract more attention than the vx, though that might be me driving round town in second messing about with the revs to get the wastegate going lol, exhaust is pretty loud too, you can get everyone to look round from about 200m away blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

no chance in the dry with 225 section tyres and 101bhp, had the stability and traction control lights flashing away though and it's even gone so far as to cut the power lol. In the wet with the tc and stability off it will probably manage a donut.

i really like it

never seen a brabus version on the road

them alloys are stunning wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

what happened with the yello-lambo'd one from the other post....?

What is your's putting out power-wise?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yellow lambo one is in the gullwing doors post in general chat.

power is 101bhp @ 5250rpm and 130Nm torque form 2500-4500rpm all from a 698 cc that's pretty impressive, this version also has charge air cooling (i'll need to take a pic underneath as there's a tiny charge cooler that sticks out.) and a decent sized turbo of course.

kerb weight of 852kg gives 119bhp/ton and a more impressive 153Nm/ton torque. Not fast but fast enough and plenty of rwd grip to put all the power down. Probable lupo sport performance off the line and gti in gear times.

Is it still the semi-automatic gearbox setup, as per the normal Smart?

Presuming yours has the paddle change too?

paddle shift on the brabus is a bit faster but still not fast, probably costs 2-3sec out of the 9.8sec to 60 time. Plenty of tuning scope and loads of parts out there though the gains are smallish because of the engine size. Another 10 from a remap and filter are possible and there are some other evil twin parts out there. Larger gains need bigger turbos and changes to engine internals, it's already pumping out 143bhp/lr