just brough a gti lupo

endor71

I picked up my gti lupo today and it is a little rocket. I previously drove a supercharged G60 corrado and it is just as good! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I have one question should the front grill have a gti badge?

Yes! If it's not got one, and it's not under warranty, you can get them separately from the dealer - they just clip on. (See below!)

Glad you're enjoying your purchase! What made you decide on the GTI?

Edited by bossjohnc

I picked up my gti lupo today and it is a little rocket. I previously drove a supercharged G60 corrado and it is just as good! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I have one question should the front grill have a gti badge?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes ir should have a GTI badge either a completely silver one or silver with a red I

Yes! If it's not got one, and it's not under warranty, you can get them separately from the dealer - they just clip on. (See below!)

Glad you're enjoying your purchase! What made you decide on the GTI?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so if its under warranty and not got one..can you get them for free? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

yes ir should have a GTI badge either a completely silver one or silver with a red I

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've Just taken delivery of one of the last Lupo GTI, my GTI badges are all silver, I have seen others with a red "I" Does anyone know when the change was made to this spec or is it a case of pot luck. I think the red "I" looks better so I will probably make the change. Has anyone else here managed to buy one of the last of the breed.

so if its under warranty and not got one..can you get them for free? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh! you know VW better than that, surely! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edit:

Oh yeah, the red I is the badge that's been on pretty much all Lupo GTIs - I've only ever seen one chap with silver Is, and I think his was a 2003. Loops before and after his have had red Is.

So yours is the second that's been mentioned on this forum.

Edited by bossjohnc

I've Just taken delivery of one of the last Lupo GTI, my GTI badges are all silver, I have seen others with a red "I" Does anyone know when the change was made to this spec or is it a case of pot luck. I think the red "I" looks better so I will probably make the change. Has anyone else here managed to buy one of the last of the breed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no pattern to it whatsover, my Lupo was brand new in 2004 and it has red I's, so yes, its a case of pot luck.

There is no pattern to it whatsover, my Lupo was brand new in 2004 and it has red I's, so yes, its a case of pot luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Been looking for a gti lupo for ages, same size as beloved mk1 golf, (reminds me of the mk1 but newer and hopefully more reliable) dont seem to come up for sale very often, but i now have a Y reg gti in silver, not sure what to do to it i am welcome to suggestions, it is superb at the moment, although it does need a new exhaust, and something needs doing with the wheels as they are kerb'd badly it must be a early model as it is only 5 speed, i have read that they changed them to 6 speed soon after. I have taken the car to my lovely (not) VW dealer with regards to the missing trim, and have ordered a new front badge, although the member of staff was not very bright, and cannot find a replacement part to cover the towing hook at the front, (in the back grill at the bottom) so if anyone knows what the part number is i would be very grateful as the cover is missing on both sides! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> having trouble driving my car my wife has fallen in love with it!

Hello there and welcome. I had a Corrado before i got the lupo. its a very different car to drive and I do still sometimes miss the high speed stability of the C. Anyway, enjoy.

Edited by Rob GTI

Hello there and welcome. I had a Corrado before i got the lupo. its a very different car to drive and I do still sometimes miss the high speed stability of the C. Anyway, enjoy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks enjoying v much!!