High Mileage Oil Change Intervals

Has anyone changed their oil service intervals above a certain mileage/age? I've heard owners of other cars doing this (i.e. switching to every 6 months/5000 miles instead of 1 year/10000) above say 100k miles. Is their any benefit to doing this with any of the Lupo engines, or is it just a waste of oil?  

I've switched to 5w40 as suggested in another thread (SDI), I see you can also get special "high mileage" oils. Just curious.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 3:36 PM, decvalts said:

Has anyone changed their oil service intervals above a certain mileage/age? I've heard owners of other cars doing this (i.e. switching to every 6 months/5000 miles instead of 1 year/10000) above say 100k miles. Is their any benefit to doing this with any of the Lupo engines, or is it just a waste of oil?  

I've switched to 5w40 as suggested in another thread (SDI), I see you can also get special "high mileage" oils. Just curious.

Nope. I have the same grade of oil and just do my oil changed every year. I’m on 172k now. 

On the subject of oil change intervals - is it possible to reset the interval reminders (OIL & INSP) somehow in VCDS or otherwise, *before* the warning reminders come on? Mine have got out of sync presumably from not being reset on time. (I assume the usual method of the button/ignition combo doesn't work unless the reminder is flashing...?)

I don't think you can reset to a specific value without actually changing the interval. You can use VCDS to reset the service interval.