Jump to content
edwrai

16394 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake) P0010 Lupo GTI

Recommended Posts

Just now, mk2 said:

I don't have a GTI... but would post a screen shot of the numbers if i did. Am very curious to get to the bottom of this fault.

Tell me about it I’ve booked it in for Tuesday with a VW specialist I know (MidlandVW) they always do a good job when I’ve used them before. Kept my v6 4motion going till I sold it at 180k. 
I am kinda leaning towards timing now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, edwrai said:

Anyone please just a screenshot of what you get on measuring blocks 012 just want to see the tooth high to low value.

Will drag mine out of the garage and run it up tomorrow 

measuring blocks 12 and For my own interest I’ll get 91 too at different speeds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, LR5V said:

Will drag mine out of the garage and run it up tomorrow 

measuring blocks 12 and For my own interest I’ll get 91 too at different speeds

Thank you so much buddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I got the readings for idle:

Cold start - 

713805109_coldstartup.PNG.0cbe18eec26c68a6f7e73742ae01a53c.PNG

After Warming up and revs dropped to idle - 

237986444_warmidle.PNG.025bfe7399406196de1d0fadffca4d0b.PNG

I dont see any change cam for either cold and warm 

Snip tool refused to catch the higher reving images... so I had to revert to IT numpty and photo the screen on the phone

Cam advance seems to change quite a bit - hindsight now tells me I should have done a graph

IWqINe.jpg

PGAgks.jpg

RRzGmS.jpg

7Ou5tA.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LR5V said:

Ok, I got the readings for idle:

Cold start - 

713805109_coldstartup.PNG.0cbe18eec26c68a6f7e73742ae01a53c.PNG

After Warming up and revs dropped to idle - 

237986444_warmidle.PNG.025bfe7399406196de1d0fadffca4d0b.PNG

I dont see any change cam for either cold and warm 

Snip tool refused to catch the higher reving images... so I had to revert to IT numpty and photo the screen on the phone

Cam advance seems to change quite a bit - hindsight now tells me I should have done a graph

IWqINe.jpg

PGAgks.jpg

RRzGmS.jpg

7Ou5tA.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

That’s really helpful thank you! Interesting the cam adjustment I think is also based on engine load, as seen in the 35% load photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Gti is currently without MOT and blocked in the drive by wifes dead Merc - This was parked up half in half out of the garage - not sure what was going on with the load

Cant understand the difference in revs between 12 & 91 - unless they report at different speeds

Maybe run G40 measuring block side by side with 12 and 91 on a logged graph might show what's occurring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LR5V said:

My Gti is currently without MOT and blocked in the drive by wifes dead Merc - This was parked up half in half out of the garage - not sure what was going on with the load

Cant understand the difference in revs between 12 & 91 - unless they report at different speeds

Maybe run G40 measuring block side by side with 12 and 91 on a logged graph might show what's occurring

The difference in revs is normally the sampling speed I believe in VCDS as it polls each one one at a time so can be a second or so out from the other value, there is a turbo mode that reduces this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thh hi who you do much to LR5V what I have decided is that the ecu doesn’t want to enable the actuator as the conditions are not met. It’s going to midlandvw ok Tuesday and we will see from there. Bet it’s timing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting reading...

Ok, so if you get the same, I'd say that the sensors are reading fine. The teeth count same, so that rules out crank sensor. The number of teeth will obviously change as the cam moves, which isn't happening. Hey, I wonder if the oil gallery is blocked, so no pressure is going into the control valves...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.