EGR Delete for better MPG - Lupo sdi

s-l300.jpg

Should be self explanatory given the shape there, but some stick it on the end of the egr pipe or in both places if they are same size / shape. (they do actually look different in that pic but might just be the angle).

The blanking plate is sandwiched between the egr and the inlet manifold, and / or the pipe and the exhaust.

8baa317a4568b0625a6248405caa

Doesnt matter too much as long as it stops exhaust gas getting back into engine.

Edited by Sausage

Nah... don't do it. Wont get you any more power. The only way is to gas flow the ram tubes. I've posted pics somewhere on here how to do it. Otherwise, just disconnect the vacuum pipe to the egr control solenoid (and block it).

• 2 years later...
On 7/20/2018 at 11:29 PM, mk2 said:

Nah... don't do it. Wont get you any more power. The only way is to gas flow the ram tubes. I've posted pics somewhere on here how to do it. Otherwise, just disconnect the vacuum pipe to the egr control solenoid (and block it).

Hi I've just bought a lupo 1.7 sdi do you know what the best thing to do to make it faster and perform better?

Here's the link:

https://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/106416-sdi-egr-delete-and-gas-flowing-for-more-power/

But i also experimented with different injectors and the quantity adjuster inside the injection pump. The conclusion was that without egr, an active choke flap and plugged gas feeds, the only way to get a lot more power was by changing injectors- throwing in way more fuel than normal. Lots of black smoke, but wow, the increase in torque...!

However, would not pass MOT with them in. Someone else on here mentioned "rolling coal" after I did the experiments :)

If you're severely down on power, worth checking injector timing and fuel filter. A stock SDI is reasonably quick, never slow. Or clogged injectors... VCDS will give you all the numbers and injector balance.