Induction kits

Ryn

I'd like an induction kit to help my GTi breathe easier. Can anyone recommend a good one that doesn't involve me buying extra parts and faffing around for half a day getting the little ****er fixed onto the car?

Been looking at the K&N 57i and one by Pipercross which are priced about the same, had a 57i on my S2000 and it sounded the nuts biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Anybody got either of these fitted, and was it easy? Any idea of power gains (or losses)?

Thanks guys biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'd like an induction kit to help my GTi breathe easier. Can anyone recommend a good one that doesn't involve me buying extra parts and faffing around for half a day getting the little ****er fixed onto the car?

Been looking at the K&N 57i and one by Pipercross which are priced about the same, had a 57i on my S2000 and it sounded the nuts biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Anybody got either of these fitted, and was it easy? Any idea of power gains (or losses)?

Thanks guys biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some reckon that a panel filter and drilled air box are just as good (and you still get the noise) but maybe someone with one fitted on a Lupo will know better!! I had one on my old Mk4 and it flat spotted everywhere though!! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I have the Pipercross X induction kit. The noise is something else when you get in the high revs.

Fitting only takes 15 minutes and I am still using most of the cold air feed

On a recent rolling road trip it come out at 136bhp @ flywheel

The car seems to run alot better with 97 Ron petrol as well

bmc - no contest - had one on my first gti - just fitted new one to my gti yesterday - now driving at full throttle everywhere cos they sound awesome - did a more professional job of fitting it this time and it looks really good.

on my first gti bmc and cat back saw 141 bhp on rolling road day!! nuff said shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

i have to agree with that, the bmc is awesome.... and having a bit carbon fibre in the engine bay has gotta be cool! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Not fussed about what kind of noise it makes really, after coming out of an S2000 with ridiculous Jap cat back twin exit system anything else is pale in comparison!

I just want the little baby to breathe easier and colder air. Does the BMC come with all the bits that you need? I'm really beyond having to fashion breather pipes / cold air feeds / holding brackets / heat shields etc and I just want something that has all the bits and will go straight on out of the box.

Anybody else got a PiperX or a K & N ???

Would be intresting to take the standard air box with you to a rolling road day, to see what diffrence it really makes.

All these figures quoted doesn't meen anything.

Needs a before and after.

av got a piper x on order for my 1.4 sport, not bothered bout the power increase jus want the noise! plus wi a decent cold air feed, the piper x should give near enough the same power gains

Yes BMC is complete.... LOADS of posts on this and BMC always gets the vote. 137 BHP at the RR with mine fitted

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there a loop specific BMC coz i know somone with a >1600 universal and he had to get a special elbow made........... confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Thanks for all the posts guys biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Glad the BMC comes with all the bits needed, looks like i'll be putting an order in later this year when I hit my 25th birthday smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and my insurance drops again biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I've had Loopys old BMC for 18 months but only had it on the car for 45 mins cos of the smell

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats why a Catcher Tank would be a good buy wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Do the BMC come with an attachment to feed the breather back into the engine now then?  I've had Loopys old BMC for 18 months but only had it on the car for 45 mins cos of the smell

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no - still smells - doesn't bother me

Thats why a Catcher Tank would be a good buy  wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />  shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd still want to take a pipe from the other side of the catcher and route the gasses back in the engine

I'd also be obliged to get an exhaust, cams and a remap