55% off all parts at GSF this WE!

mk2

14 hours ago, Rich said:

yup, cheaper online than counter sales annoyingly.

joey, find someone after a tdi

Can't help I'm afraid old chap... TBH given it's possible to buy something like this...https://www.gumtree.com/p/volkswagen/vw-golf-se-1.9-tdi-5-door-hatch-red-£495-/1233823521 for less than half the price of the equivalent TDI Lupo, it frankly baffles me why anyone would bother (But we've been over this) ;)

GLWS none the less.

37 minutes ago, Rich said:

pagid from ecp, never the eicher.

Yup, their Pagid stuff has never let me down although with Brembos usually coming in at only a few quid more they're worth buying. Looks great to have Brembo reciepts in the bumf/paperwork with a car when selling up IME.

did I mention I bought brembo brand discs and pads from eBay and they're still on the car?

tdi needs to shift so I can get back to my Tt.

the golf is clean but it will be rusty, tax and Insurance cost more, as does running and maintenance.

interior is foul and it is a pre pd 90 bhp donkey.

Edited by Rich

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

did I mention I bought brembo brand discs and pads from eBay and they're still on the car?

tdi needs to shift so I can get back to my Tt.

Brembo disscs and pads :o Why didn't you say so.... ;)

Seriously, I'll have an ask about but TBH given most of my comrades are of the same age as me (34) Lupos aren't really that appealing or practical. More into Passat estate territiory these days -_-

Despite having a deep respect for my little SDI and all that it does, I'll admit that being seen in it publicly leaves me with a mild sense of embarrassment hence the recent 'hand me down' to Mrs Eunos.

Edited by JoeyEunos

27 minutes ago, Rich said:

the golf is clean but it will be rusty, tax and Insurance cost more, as does running and maintenance.

interior is foul and it is a pre pd 90 bhp donkey.

They're galvanised, I'd wager no more rusty than a Lupo of the same era.

Tax would be £100 a year more than the Lupo, although given the price difference even with the £30 a year tax on the Lupo it would take 7 years to break even...

FWIW I actually quite like the beige interior, it has a certain 'naffnes' to it that appeals to me ;)

Still not buying it though, being the family man etc I'm leaning more and more towards a barge (Passat/Octavia estate) as time goes on :ph34r:

Edited by JoeyEunos

passats are crap after the b5.5 era.

golf arches and wings suffer more than the lupos.

the beige interior was awful then, it is awful now. Looks like the 70s, it is even made from velour.

23 hours ago, JoeyEunos said:

More into Passat estate territiory these days -_-

22 hours ago, Rich said:

passats are crap after the b5.5 era.

Between the two of you you've made me feel even worse about the swap from a Golf R to a Passat Estate. The worst part is I'm only 23, the family/dad jokes just don't seem to stop at the minute!