Mysterious flooding in Lupo - help!

Holmsie

Well earlier this week the mrs' Lupo had puddles in the driver's and rear passenger's footwell after a heavy night of rain. Great.

We've had this issue before a couple of years ago and it turned out there were leaves and gunk under the windscreen area. We had a look at this section this time and it was clear.

We then got some water and poured it down the windscreen to watch where it would drain from. It trickled out the bottom of the car (near/behind the wheel arch) so we're stumped as to how the footwell got flooded...

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. We tried the scuttle and that was okay.

It's now at a VW indie (£45 an hour +VAT) and they've taken the seat and carpet out and still can't find the leak... It's frustrating them and they may have to take the whole dash out to find where the water's coming in :( Pretty gutted so far!

Update: So after the car being at the garage for a few days, undergone lots of tests (checked windscreen, took seats out, left outside in the rain/jetwashed etc.) the leaking somehow just stopped!

So as the garage couldn't find out why it suddenly stopped leaking they didn't charge us, which was nice. 

However as we don't know what caused it we don't know if it'll return again, I suspect it will...!

• 11 months later...

When I got my first lupo, some numpty had fixed the electric windows, but failed to grasp the purpose of the stick on foam sheets over the gaps in the doors. So when I removed the door cards there was lots of ventilation, and easy entry for water. Both front footwells wet...

ohp74z.jpg