electric window

newlupoowner

hi

i am just putting a question out there to the lupo elders of this world...my drivers side window doesnt go down with one press of the switch it goes so far like 5 inches or so at a time and then i have to release the switch and press it again and it also shakes quite a bit doing it would this mean a new motor is needed or the switch would need replacing?

Edited by newlupoowner

Get some silicone spray lube, and spray the entire window channel, and go as low as you can inside the door. everything that makes contact with the glass. While doing that spray all the rubber seals around the car to improve the seals, which helps stop moisture getting in. :)

Get some silicone spray lube, and spray the entire window channel, and go as low as you can inside the door. everything that makes contact with the glass. While doing that spray all the rubber seals around the car to improve the seals, which helps stop moisture getting in. :)

And squeaky seals too

With your car locked, unlocked it and keep it in that position (key) and the windows will go down, observe the actions. If it's all good your motor is fine, if not then your switch is at fault.

i have tried this and the passenger side comes down sweet as a nut but the drivers side doesnt come down at all just doesnt budge so would this mean that the motor is at fault i take it?

i have tried this and the passenger side comes down sweet as a nut but the drivers side doesnt come down at all just doesnt budge so would this mean that the motor is at fault i take it?

depends, does the drivers side switch work?

yeah when you press that the window does come down but only 5inches at a time

Sounds like the motor is ok, but the whole glass guide system is really stiff. Lots of lube needed... Don't force it or try it too often til fixed or it might break the mech.

Good idea using the door lock to activate the window motors... I wouldn't have thought of that!

so right the next question is how the feck do you take the door card off and is that where everything is located its not somewhere ridiculous like the boot?

For your electric window? Yes. Everything is in the door.

Door card, flick the handle off using a flat head. There's a tiny gap on the back near the bottom. Feel around you'll find it.

Two big Phillips heads then just pull the card off. You might break a few clips.

For your electric window? Yes. Everything is in the door.

Door card, flick the handle off using a flat head. There's a tiny gap on the back near the bottom. Feel around you'll find it.

Two big Phillips heads then just pull the card off. You might break a few clips.

thanks skezza ill have a look tomorrow sometime and see whats what

soooo this looks like fun........ :unsure: cant wait to attempt this haha

just thought i would let everyone know that my window has now been fixed my alternator needed replacing so i have replaced that and now my window works fine :clap: so its all gravy now

cheers everyone for your help