ofset and spacers

adam_lupos

hellloo

not gonna lie this is my first car so im a bit new to all this but what i dont understand is about the camber on the wheels! :unsure: i wanna put 25mm spacers on the rear and i wanted to put some camber on just wondering if someone can help explain or describe quickly what the **** this all means ! cheeerssss

What exactly are you asking?

Spacers do what the say on the tin and space the wheels out. 25mm spacer will space the each wheel out 25mm.

Camber put the wheel at an angle either like / or \ .

Negative camber is when the top edge of the wheel is close to the car than the bottom, so, looking at the back of a car the left wheel will be like / and postive camber is the other way.

Deadmetal has basically nailed it on that explanation. If you lower the car, you will end up with Negative camber on the front like mine...(hope you dont mind me adding a pic)

DSCF0516.jpg

On the rear, the camber cannot be adjusted, to get more camber you will need to use Camber Shims.

Deadmetal has basically nailed it on that explanation. If you lower the car, you will end up with Negative camber on the front like mine...(hope you dont mind me adding a pic)

DSCF0516.jpg

On the rear, the camber cannot be adjusted, to get more camber you will need to use Camber Shims.

You can increase rear camber, http://www.forum.dirtystancing.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43

Ah cool i've not seen that before, its just an alternative to camber shims though. Other than that there is no way to adjust the rears without doing that kind of modification is what i meant. :)

DSCF0516.jpg

Bet the tyres love that!

Haha they're surviving, its all tracked properly so that helps. And i don't drive like a moron, so that helps. Though that camber is nothing compared to some people on here. I will be getting it sorted, i just need the arches rolled first.

Haha they're surviving, its all tracked properly so that helps. And i don't drive like a moron, so that helps. Though that camber is nothing compared to some people on here. I will be getting it sorted, i just need the arches rolled first.

lensos tie in with the headlights nicely on that pic :)

so the only way to get camber on the front is to lower it? and on the back will these do..http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45ff06c2c1.... or is this more along the lines of what i need? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item415b8cdefa and can they be adjusted or not? cheers

The first ones are just spacers it's camber shims you'd need

DSCF0516.jpg

You will only end up with negative camber on the front if you don't set it up properly. You don't have to have negative camber when you lower it. I mean that just looks like its broken more than anything else.

That is correct in saying if it is all done properly you wont necessarily end up with the camber, the camber i have on the front is even both sides, so its not that terrible. Although it is rather a lot, i do like it. Its not shreading my tyres as some may think and i like the way it tucks. If i correct it, which i will be at some point, i will need arch work. I dont think its quite fair to say my camber can be described as looking "broken", especially considering the ammount on some cars out there. In person it looks rather nice. But with this kind of thing it's all personal opinion. I like camber on a lowerd car to give tuck! Im sure others will feel the same and others wont.

Mike

When I lowered mine I had real bad negative Camber on the fronts. And went to get them sorted and they said because I'm so low ( which I'm not) they can only get it to -1 degrees. Nearly straight and there tracked up, just don't see how other people can be proper decked to the floor and have perfectly straight wheels?